This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me I'm not crazy?

I've been looking for a different job for three years. I just turned down a job interview (one of about six I've been offered) because the job is in Kansas City and not Omaha/Lincoln.

Please tell me I'm not crazy?

If you don't want to move because you're leaving family/structure/network behind, you're not crazy.

If you don't want to move because you don't want to move, that's understandable.

Have you been unemployed the whole three years? Is the salary worth the move?

Have you considered exactly why you don't want to move?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

If you don't want to move to Kansas City, then no, you're not crazy.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        If you don't want to move to Kansas City, then no, you're not crazy.
        I once visited Kansas City for just a couple of hours. That was too long.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Thanks, guys, I needed the laugh.

To clarify, yes, I'm currently employed; however, the job goes away June 30. I'm trying to move back to Lincoln NE, and have been looking for jobs there for three years.

And yes, I've lived in KC (well, Overland Park) and while it was not unpleasant I don't particularly want to go back.

ETA: Just went back to Monster.com (where the last offer came from) and edited the profile to specify where I'm looking for. Cross your fingers.
          Last edited by morgana; 04-20-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I spent about 18 years living in Kansas City. I may have to move back in the near future. It isn't the best place in the world, but I don't mind the Missouri side of it.

What makes me laugh is remembering how my dad consoled me when I first had to move there. He told me it was just the same as Saint Louis, where I'd grown up. HAH! Right, Dad...
            "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Working...
            X