Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard towing fee if you are towed by the police subcontractors is £140. Plus £14 per day storage. This is a rather spendy parking spot either way.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

:Pops some more popcorn:
      Any updates, LNS?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well, I wasn't there when Mr Jones came in, but got all the news when I did. Mr Jones came to the petrol station in the morning, spitting teeth about his car being impounded by the police. He'd gone home to call the AA, found the message left on his answerphone by the boys in blue and then got a friend to drive him to the petrol station so that he could whine at my manager.

Tessa told him that his car was towed cuz he was parking illegally and everything was on CCTV. Mr Jones was so mad that he admitted he knew his car was leaking; apparently, his reasoning behind dumping it on the forecourt was that he figured we could look after it while he attended his "important meeting". (Just speculation here, but a meeting that lasts til this morning? I'm guessing it was a horizontal meeting.) Tessa told him that we were not responsible for his car and the fact that the police took it was his own fault. Mr Jones then backed down and decided to go and collect his car from the police station. Tessa got the feeling that Mr Jones does not know that the police charge a fee and she didn't tell him in the spirit of "let him find out for himself". XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

All I can say is, in the spirit of Nelson Muntz, Ha ha!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

...I'm pretty sure that knowingly dumping an environmental hazard on someone else's property causing the shutdown of an infrastructure business and immediate attendance by the fire service might get Mr Jones more than a £14 per night storage fee.

Comment

I, too, wonder if the fire brigade is going to add to the bill...

Comment

Quoth wheeitsmee View Post
                I, too, wonder if the fire brigade is going to add to the bill...
                Here in the US of A he would pay ALL of the following:

1) Police
                2) Fire
                3) Environmental clean-up
                4) Towing and storage fees
                5) The lawsuit the gas station would file to both get reimbursed for their losses as well as insulate themselves against this idiot's charges
                6) Whatever fines the judge gives him (I'm thinking the cop's wrote a ticket or two before the car was towed)

Might even lose his insurance over this mess...

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Mr Jones was so mad that he admitted he knew his car was leaking; apparently, his reasoning behind dumping it on the forecourt was that he figured we could look after it while he attended his "important meeting".
                  If he knew his car was leaking, why the hell didn't he call a mechanic and take the car there instead?! Oh, of course, because he's a self-absorbed asshat, and criminally stupid to boot.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I once found my car was leaking gas. I called the dealer and got it towed on a flatbed to get fixed. Then I helped my dad hose off the driveway. (Yeah I know about regulations but this was in the dark ages.) i didn't drive it anywhere. He's lucky it didn't blow up.

Comment

Back in the mid '70s, my mother's car developed a leak in the gas tank. She had it towed to the dealer, and when she collected it after it was fixed they bitched at her - because it damaged the blacktop in their lot by leaking gas onto it. Hello, McFly - if the problem a customer brings a car in for is a leaking fuel tank, you park it on CONCRETE until you can get around to repairing it.

As an aside, you can still see the spot on the pavement in front of the old family home where it leaked before it was towed to the dealer.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Back in the mid '70s, my mother's car developed a leak in the gas tank. She had it towed to the dealer, and when she collected it after it was fixed they bitched at her - because it damaged the blacktop in their lot by leaking gas onto it. Hello, McFly - if the problem a customer brings a car in for is a leaking fuel tank, you park it on CONCRETE until you can get around to repairing it.
                        Or at least put a pan of bucket underneath the leak.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          Or at least put a pan of bucket underneath the leak.
                          Seriously. Customer brought in the car to have the leak fixed. Don't complain that you failed to compensate for the leak and it caused damage. You knew it was there.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

When my old pickup had that problem, I parked outside the dealer's repair area. When the manager asked the problem, I replied can't you tell. The scent was overwhelming.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                              Seriously. Customer brought in the car to have the leak fixed. Don't complain that you failed to compensate for the leak and it caused damage. You knew it was there.
                              Plus, if it was towed, then presumably the car's owner is not the one who decided where to park it, either. So it was either an employee of the shop, or the tow-truck driver who should be bitched at.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                                Plus, if it was towed, then presumably the car's owner is not the one who decided where to park it, either. So it was either an employee of the shop, or the tow-truck driver who should be bitched at.
                                According to many posts on this forum the person responsible for something is never the person that gets yelled at.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X