This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth scroob View Post
    Don't forget a chocolate frosted with sprinkles too.
    Ahh yes! LOL Because we have both with our w/o sprinkles.

Comment

See, I made the mistake of thinking "regular" meant "unflavoured" and the woman making the coffee didn't hear my, admittedly soft, "black."

Of course, when I realised this, I was half way to work. I drank it anyway because while I don't exactly like stuff in my coffee, I'm not going to drive back and throw a tantrum when it was my mistake. However, I DID learn from it, and now I just say, "Extra large coffee, black, please"
      I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

And what in god's name am I supposed to get someone who asks for a "small stick" or a "bagel egg and cheese on a bagel?"
        I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've lived in most of the general areas of the U.S. and 'regular' = cream and sugar tends to be a northeast thing - especially New York/New England. In most of the Midwest, 'regular' differentiates from decaf. 'Tea' in most of the south gets you cold, sweetened (often heavily) tea. In Boston it gets you a bag and hot water. So there isn't any real, objective "right" way to order, but a non-SC will learn the norms of those around them and change accordingly. And they'll drink that first cup w/o moaning.

Comment

And these people aren't even all SC's. The ones who really bother me are the ones who say "medium regular" and wait until after i make the coffee to say "no sugar", cause i make the cups of coffee in about 10 seconds so I need to do things fast. If you say "medium coffee cream no sugar" you will never get the wrong coffee. And if you want decaf, say so. Otherwise you will get caffeinated coffee.
            I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
              it's just a minor peeve because i was taught when i was trained that a "medium regular" is a medium coffee with 3 creams and 3 sugars.
              That would be like drinking syrup!!!!! People think I'm weird, but I put lots of cream and only about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of sugar or Splenda in my coffee, and that's for the big mugs! I always specify that I want to put the sugar/cream in myself if I have coffee away from home.

Comment

Working...
              X