This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A minor pet peeve

At the coffee place I work at, here is a minor pet peeve of mine. If you ask for a medium (or any size) regular coffee, and do not specify anything after that, you will get cream and sugar in regular quantities (1, 2, etc depending on size.) If you don't want cream and sugar, please don't say regular, just say "medium coffee, black" or whatever. Unless you say "decaf" you will get caffeinated coffee. And please don't say "regular, cream no sugar" because that is not, by definition, regular. If you follow these rules we can give you your coffee fast and not continue to make the wrong damn coffees because what you ask for and what you want are two different things. Learn to frickin order your coffee correctly people, and I will not write these again
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get that all the time~~!!! when I go to the local starbucks in cali...all I just say is venti black coffee please and I put my own creme and sugar in!!! thats way better u know!!! anyways, I feel you........keep up the good work =)

Comment

Hm. See, while I don't drink coffee (foul stuff, IMO) I would think that regular would stand for the default aspect of the drink, how it looks when poured into the cup - which, to me, would be black. Anything else would be additions, and therefore not regular.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
        Hm. See, while I don't drink coffee (foul stuff, IMO) I would think that regular would stand for the default aspect of the drink, how it looks when poured into the cup - which, to me, would be black. Anything else would be additions, and therefore not regular.
        I agree on that although I think I've heard before that a 'coffee regular' has cream and sugar.

As for it being foul them's fighting words

I roast green beans at home, so they are really fresh, and man is it yummy.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

it's just a minor peeve because i was taught when i was trained that a "medium regular" is a medium coffee with 3 creams and 3 sugars.

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
            And please don't say "regular, cream no sugar" because that is not, by definition, regular.
            Actually, in that case, I would take the "regular" to mean regular coffee vs. decaf, and the cream, no sugar to be the info on how they want it.

As far as I've seen (and I do love my coffee) there is no industry standard on what is the "regular" way to serve coffee - unless I'm familiar with a particular coffee place, I ask for "regular" as opposed to decaff coffee, and then state what I do or don't want in it. Most places I've been to seem be fine with that, and tend to serve coffee black unless you ask for sugar or creme (and default is "regular" unless you ask for decaff).

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

A regular has 3 creams and 3 sugars Good lord. 'Course I'm a Splenda gal myself
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Ok let me make this clear then. If you say "medium coffee" I'll ask "cream/sugar?" If you say "medium regular" I will make a medium coffee with 3 sugars and 3 creams. If you say "medium coffee cream and sugar" I will make it regular. Otherwise, you must specify how many creams and sugars you want in your coffee. But don't, under any circumstances, say "medium regular" and specify nothing, and get mad at me if you get a coffee with cream and sugar. At the place where I work, as well as all of its chains, a regular has cream and sugar. If you want it black, say black. This is the way we were trained, and it is not hard, Just order it the way you want it and we will get along fine.

Comment

See, this is something people don't know about... At least now I'm educated about it. (I usually say "<size> black coffee" when I'm in other countries than my own since I don't know what's the default there anyway, but)
                  Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                  Me:

Comment

and if you say that at my place you will never get the wrong kind of coffee.

Comment

I so agree and I know exactly what you mean. It's so annoying when customers just say "regular" and they don't specify the size and what they want. Then they act like we don't have certain sizes. I also hate when after they say regular and you're already putting the sugar and milk/cream/skim, whatever, then they'll say skim milk 3 equals or something and then you have to change the coffee again!

Comment

And another one is when someone asks for a "chocolate donut." I feel like Alex Trebek saying "please be more specific" cause the person has just narrowed it down to 5 donuts. The labels are right in front of the frickin donuts! Tell me which one you want it is not hard

Comment

OMG I know how you feel. I hate that too! I mean at my job, we have Chocolate Frosted, Double Chocolate, Boston Creme and Chocolate Glazed. Ugh! Are people getting that lazy?!

Comment

Don't forget a chocolate frosted with sprinkles too.

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
                              OMG I know how you feel. I hate that too! I mean at my job, we have Chocolate Frosted, Double Chocolate, Boston Creme and Chocolate Glazed. Ugh! Are people getting that lazy?!
                              Ill take a boston cream, and a medium coffee, light and not sweet ...

I wish ... my sweet for lunch is a pear ... I could really go for something chocolate
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X