Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wrath, it will be upon you very soon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wrath, it will be upon you very soon.

College Police Dispatcher/switchboard... Ugh

Okay, so like most places of business and various things of the like, we close offices at 5 usually. Most of the employees are gone by 5:30 or 6. Etc. We also have a fairly large staff, and I don't know who is there or not.

This girl calls me at 6:45.

"*schpeal*" Me
    "Is Kent there?" DA
    "...I don't know...prolly not, but I can transfer you down there, just a sec." Me

(I knew who she was asking for because there's apparently only one Kent, and I had a feeling I'd talked to her before, but I wasn't entirely sure until later. Then I knew. I just knew. The impending doom was upon me. I announced such doom and co-workers laughed at my pain, and said I was being dramatic.)

*a minute passes by*

"*Schpeallll*" Me
    "Is Kent there?" DA
    "Well...if he didn't answer his phone, then he's probably not there. " Me
    "*silence*...*silence*" DA
    "Do you want me to send you down there again?...?"Me
    "*silence*"DA
    "*transfers and hangs up*" Me

*another long minute passes by*
    *seeing the caller ID popping up with the SAME name and number again answers with fear and slowly prepares to bash head into desk*

"...*schpeal...*" Me
    "Is Kent there??" DA
    "...Like I said before, if he didn't pick up, then he more than likely is not there. Okay?"
    "*silence*" DA
    *hangs up* me

This happens, 3 more times. 3. This was not necessary. After the second time, you'd think she'd get the idea maybe. MAYBE. No. It took 6. 6!

I am starting to lose my faith in humanity. Honestly. Everyday, people like this take a little bit of that last precious fleeting bit of hope I have left.

Soon, I will be a bitter hollow wretched little college police dispatcher/switchboard operator that all will know and come to fear. My wrath, it is coming. Coming soon. Soon... just wait.

hey, be glad you've still got SOME faith left...I'm fresh out
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
      hey, be glad you've still got SOME faith left...I'm fresh out

Awe. *pat pat*

Mine will be gone by the end of the week, I am sure of it.

Comment

Why yes, Kent IS here. But he is currently copulating with an armadillo. Would you like to leave a message?
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

too bad you can answer, "Does Kent know you're stalking him still?"

Comment

Quoth kaetchen View Post
            Everyday, people like this take a little bit of that last precious fleeting bit of hope I have left.
            "SCs are the mind killer. They are the little voice in the back of your head that triggers your 'Kill' switch."
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

mmmmm armadillo

*Bliss scurries ashamedly from the room*
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                mmmmm armadillo
                Possum on the half shell!!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                X