Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childish racist customers make my head hurt (ranty)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartfelt, heartfelt kudos to Smapti.

I spend a lot of time in Orlando. We've been seeing a lot of this kind of support for members of another minority and it still chokes me up a little every time I see a sign in the window of a dry cleaner or little pizza joint or nail salon.

There are non-minority-related signs available. These folks chose the signs that referenced the minority and often the message on the sign further reinforces that they know exactly what they are saying, and that they mean it: Bigotry is not welcome in their establishment.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      Bad part is the parts store I worked we have a nazi couple come in so often. Oh hats,tats, on the side of the car he had letter box letters saying "da further" and the "furthers frau" on his car doors. Of course NONE of us regardless of background wanted to deal with him but not once did he express his views to/at/on a customer or staff regardless of who helped him.
      Did they really spell 'fuehrer/führer' as 'further'?
      Last edited by EricKei; 08-11-2016, 12:45 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag, trimmed quote
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
        Did they really spell 'fuehrer/führer' as 'further'?
        No I just suck at the spelling and spell check was no help.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
        X