Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She who must not be named is coming back (hide me please)!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She who must not be named is coming back (hide me please)!

So the woman who starred in this thread, who called corporate on us for not getting a bottle of water (she wasn't entitled to one based on her membership status) and who snottily chewed out our breakfast host because she "EXPECTs bacon EVERY DAY" (not on our rotation, if you don't like what we have you're welcome to go PAY for your breakfast) is due to check in again tomorrow.

They never keep their promise not to return, do they? I remember this woman, by name, from over a year ago, when we had a different GM and were finishing a major remodel that was causing numerous complaints every day. She was that bad.

I had serious thoughts of calling in sick tomorrow. Not going to, but if she is mean to my dear friend who is back at work after an MS diagnosis, I'm going to make her stay unpleasant. There are plenty of perfectly legal, not-dangerous-to-my-employment ways I can do that. Especially when there's a major Rugby tournament in town.

I've even fantasized about slipping some of the MJ paraphernalia we have in lost and found (Colorado is a legal state) into her luggage on her way out. Hello drug trafficking charge at the airport. No, not really going to do that, any more than I'd really put that annoying kid down the laundry chute (both are slightly illegal and not so slightly immoral), but it is fun to think about.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

sorry the only room aval is (the one next to the elevator)
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Why She Who Must Not Be Named wants to return to a place she supposedly hated is a riddle for the ages.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Why She Who Must Not Be Named wants to return to a place she supposedly hated is a riddle for the ages.
        Not really. She knows she can browbeat corporate into free stuff. So she's going to hate everything, and keep coming back.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          Not really. She knows she can browbeat corporate into free stuff. So she's going to hate everything, and keep coming back.
          Exactly, Mr. Hero. Too many corporations are afraid of firing customers.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
            Thanks, spineless management!

Comment

Now now, my management is not spineless. Boss Man as well as New Boss Lady (one of my favorite coworkers got promoted to AGM, YEA!) both have tuned BS detectors. It's just that this particular person has perfected her game. She knows where the line is and manages to stay just on the side of it where she won't get kicked out or told to knock that shit off. She'll be snotty but not swear, for example. I'll repost later when I hear what happened with her stay. Maybe she'll go to far this time.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Sorry WishfulSpirit, I was really referring to corporate. But hopefully things will be better this time...

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                  sorry the only room aval is (the one next to the elevator)
                  No, no, next to the ice machine!!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Oh, hello Madame X. Yes, we've cancelled your room as per your statement on your last visit that you'd 'never come back to this hellhole' - we can only apologise, someone must have booked you here in error..."
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      "Oh, hello Madame X. Yes, we've cancelled your room as per your statement on your last visit that you'd 'never come back to this hellhole' - we can only apologise, someone must have booked you here in error..."
                      I just choked on my potato chips. I like this one lol that's so perfect.

Comment

In all seriousness, WishfulSpirit, you HAVE to find a way to let her know that her massively unfair review, including the fact that she flat-out lied to you, is very much remembered.

People like her tend to think of employees as disposable/interchangable and also rely on herd anonymity ("They'll never remember ME out of a zillion people and besides which, I wasn't THAT rude anyway.") No, lady, you WERE that rude and we DO remember you ... what you did was that far outside of the norm.

Also, make it clear that you are documenting the crap out of everything she says and does. Make COPIOUS notes and do it right in front of her. If she challenges you, say "There was such a disparity between our memories of your last visit and your account of them on (site) that we were asked* to make a very accurate record of your stay this time, just to make sure your experience met our standards." Just that alone should have her looking over her shoulder the entire trip.

*You don't have to say *who* asked you

Comment

I love Wordgirl's idea!

Comment

People like her tend to think of employees as disposable/interchangable and also rely on herd anonymity
                            And yet, they also expect to know exactly who they are ("DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?") when they want special treatment.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              No, no, next to the ice machine!!
                              For us, that would be both, as the elevators and ice machines are right next to each other in a little foyer on each floor. The closest I can get someone is right across the hall from the foyer, but we usually reserve those rooms for those who are mobility challenged and don't want to have to walk too far down the hall. The ADA rooms are right there, for example.

Comment

Working...
                              X