Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid: It's Not Just a Condition, It's a Way of Life...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid: It's Not Just a Condition, It's a Way of Life...

I don't know if my calendar wasn't updated or something, but yesterday seemed to be the asshat olympics. And all of my callers took home the gold, that's for sure. In fact, it all started on my way to work when the car behind me didn't think it was a good idea to stop at an intersection to let an oncoming ambulance with lights and sirens going have the right of way. Too bad I had thought to respect them and stopped, and he almost slammed into the back of my car, which I just got back from the shop a couple weeks ago from the last idiot that hit me on the way to work. Oh, but he did have the courtesy to honk his horn and flip me the bird like I'm the retard. On the bright side.... no, there isn't one. People suck.

SM = Sucky Man
    SW = Sucky Woman
    ME = Customer Service Assassin

A Classic Situation

SM: I don't want a contract. If you can't give me that plan without a contract, then I'll go to another service provider!

Ah, my favorite flawed argument. To avoid a contract with me, your provider you know and love, you're going to get one with someone else. I wonder at what point reality sinks in for these people? At what time to they wake up in the middle of the night, sit straight up in bed and go "DAMMIT!" as that cold hard truth hits home?

Fail

ME: Could I just have your name please?
    SM: Uh.... Can you wait a second?

I've been doing this for three and a half years. Thus, I have a very low expectation from most of the people that call me. If you even have two braincells to rub together and spark a logical thought, I'm amazed. But to be defeated this early in the game? At least give me something to look forward to.

Somehow, I'm Not Surprised

ME: When we exchange your phone, you have a maximum of 60 days to return the defective one, or you'll be charged a restocking fee since we have to buy a new one from the manufacturer.
    SM: But they told me I could return it whenever!
    ME: You ordered the phone in July. You did return it, but not until this month. I'm afraid we can no longer remove the $468 fee.
    SM: You're no better than the last lady I talked to there! She said I should have read the information in the box with the phone. Well, I can't read good so all I can do is trust what you tell me!
    *Long story short, I decided to see if being illiterate can be considered a handicap and can we get sued if we tell him no. My sup was on a call, and I found one with some filthy compassion for humanity and decided to credit half the fee. So I (begrudgingly) offered this.*
    SM: This is ridiculous! You people.... I always get the short end of the stick just because I.... whatever.

No, not whatever. You want me to feel sorry for you since you can't read? Because you have a self-inflicted handicap which could easily be resolved by changing the channel from Jerry Springer to Sesame Street once in awhile? Is that why you get the short end of the stick? Tell you what, I'll give you a quick lesson. Let's start with letter F.......

Legal Asshat

SM: You can't charge me the termination fee! I'm a lawyer, so....

Objection! You're a lawyer? Then you should know better. Why are lawyers always the ones who understand the least about contracts? You spent a billion dollars to go to law school, got a degree, got a nice suit and a big office, and this is what you have to show for it?

I'll Be the Judge of Who Sucks, and it's Not Me

SW: I can't believe you treat Corporate customers this way! You know what, your service sucks! I'll never use you again!

Yeah, sorry I wouldn't give you a free phone for such an important customer who's only been in service for 4 months. Why is it that ever idiot who runs destined-for-failure home business thinks they are automatically a "corporate" customer. No, you have a regular plan just like everyone else. We have corporate plans, which require a minimum of 250 lines. Until then, you are not a "corporate" customer. And even if you were, it wouldn't entitle you to a free phone with only a few months of service.

The Most Insane Argument Ever

SM: Can I get this phone at Wal-Mart?
    ME: Wal-Mart carries our phones, but they can only sell them with an activation of a new account. You can get a discount on your existing line at a corporate-owned store, and I'd be happy to locate the nearest one for you.
    SM: No, I don't like that store. They didn't give me a good deal when I wanted a phone, that's why I called you. They don't have a restroom. They want $100 for a phone, and they don't even have a restroom? What kind of store are they running, anyway?

My sup had to look over the cubicle wall that seperates us to ask me what the heck I did this time. I had hit mute and was laughing my head off at this. I don't know what this has to do with anything at all, how this could possibly have considered a valid argument, or...... never mind. This one is just too stupid to waste any thought on.

Um....

I had to stop mid-sentence while speaking to a customer to raise an eyebrow at a coworker who said "Man, I have cramps." Another coworker offered him some Midol, which he declined.

How the CSR Stole Christmas

SW: I want to get new phones now!
    ME: And we can get new phones for you, but only at a partial discount since you activated in December of last year and are only almost halfway through a 2 year contract.
    SW: But I was planning on giving the kids new phones for presents. YOU RUINED OUR CHRISTMAS!!!

(Everybody Sing!)
    You're a monster, Miss Kara. You're heart's an empty hole. Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul, Miss Kara!
    Last edited by Kara; 10-20-2007, 01:13 AM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Midol's good for everyone over 16 or so. Think of it as a multi-assault on bodily functions aches.

Comment

You can't charge me the termination fee! I'm a lawyer, so....
      [image]http://a6.vox.com/6a00b8ea0717f31bc000cd970ae95e4cd5-500pi[/image]

They don't have a restroom.
      I'm still trying to fit my head around that one. "Man, I really gotta pee! Might as well buy a phone while I'm at it!" Unless you have BTS (Bladder Thimble Syndrome), I really don't see an argument here.

Another coworker offered him some Midol, which he declined.
      You should've chimed in! Been all like in The Departed and been like "Would you like some cranberry juice instead?"

YOU RUINED OUR CHRISTMAS!!!
      Yes yes...ruined a Christmas full of texting. "j00 run'd xmas, yo."
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
        In fact, it all started on my way to work when the car behind me didn't think it was a good idea to stop at an intersection to let an oncoming ambulance with lights and sirens going have the right of way. Too bad I had thought to respect them and stopped
        Thank you for being a decent human being. I could wish the brat behind you was.

*Long story short, I decided to see if being illiterate can be considered a handicap and can we get sued if we tell him no. My sup was on a call, and I found one with some filthy compassion for humanity and decided to credit half the fee. So I (begrudgingly) offered this.*
        As far as I know, only illiteracy consequent of a handicap. Like my blind friend. (who can read braille, so she's not really illiterate. She just wouldn't be able to read your contract in normal print.)

SM: No, I don't like that store. They didn't give me a good deal when I wanted a phone, that's why I called you. They don't have a restroom. They want $100 for a phone, and they don't even have a restroom? What kind of store are they running, anyway?
        Apparently, not a store named "Unrealistic Expectations".

I had to stop mid-sentence while speaking to a customer to raise an eyebrow at a coworker who said "Man, I have cramps." Another coworker offered him some Midol, which he declined.
        My husband sometimes gets lower abdominal cramps. Any muscle can cramp - it's just that guys are spared the most common type/reason for abdominal cramping.

ME: And we can get new phones for you, but only at a partial discount since you activated in December of last year and are only almost halfway through a 2 year contract.
        SW: But I was planning on giving the kids new phones for presents. YOU RUINED OUR CHRISTMAS!!!
        It looks like I was neglected! I thought a new doll was a good Christmas present. I should have held out for phones.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Oh God, please don't tell me anyone is going to actually decree illiteracy as a real handicap.......

We're doomed, we're doomed.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            My husband sometimes gets lower abdominal cramps. Any muscle can cramp - it's just that guys are spared the most common type/reason for abdominal cramping.
            True, but he was seriously just being an ass
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Kara, you need to change your avatar now

(*sings along* You're a foul one, Miss Kara...)...

I mean, really...ruining a kid's christmas like that...

cell phone customers can be such assholes...
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                The Most Insane Argument Ever

SM: Can I get this phone at Wal-Mart?
                ME: Wal-Mart carries our phones, but they can only sell them with an activation of a new account. You can get a discount on your existing line at a corporate-owned store, and I'd be happy to locate the nearest one for you.
                I relayed this one to my friends.

Ok so I didn't relay it, so much as ask:

"So, if you had to pay $100 for a phone, would you expect the store doing the selling to have a bathroom?"

He gave me the same look he gets when he eats his ice cream too fast.
                Flood

Comment

Well, I'd touch you with a 39-and-a-half foot pole!

In a totally platonic way, of course. Cuz, ya know, I'm straight, plus I don't want your SO to beat me up.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    Oh God, please don't tell me anyone is going to actually decree illiteracy as a real handicap.......
                    Our personnel team refused to sack one of our wagon drivers when he came back drunk from a run - reeked of whisky and had apparently driven back from London like that - because he's an alcoholic. Over here it's counted as a disability, and you cannot sack for a disability...

They missed the fact that it's his duty to stay sober and safe while on company time. Wankers.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth KaraCS
                      I don't know if my calendar wasn't updated or something, but yesterday seemed to be the asshat olympics.
                      At least you don't have the actual ones coming to your city in 2010. I can only imagine the raging asshattery I will endure when every country on Earth descends upon me in 3 years. ><

Quoth KaraCS
                      You seriously need to yell Objection! at one of these people. I know I'm going to if I ever get even half a chance.... <cough>

Quoth KaraCS
                      ..what? I don't know about down there but up here the only "store" smaller then a full sized mall that actually has public washrooms are gas stations. At least once a week I see some dumbass wander into 7/11 and ask if they have a bathroom. Even though they have a SIGN that says no public bathroom and taking 2 seconds to turn your head and look around the store will reveal absolutely no possible doors that look like or lead to bathrooms. The only door in the store is "Stock Room" -.-

Not to mention its directly across the street from Burger King, which does in fact have public bathrooms.

Comment

kara if it would make you feel better im planning on buying a phone for my brothers christmas gift and i plan on having to pay for it in full, no discount.... so ha! to the christmas lady.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

Objection! You're a lawyer? Then you should know better. Why are lawyers always the ones who understand the least about contracts? You spent a billion dollars to go to law school, got a degree, got a nice suit and a big office, and this is what you have to show for it?
                          Obviously, he should sue the school that he went to. They didn't teach him properly.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            Our personnel team refused to sack one of our wagon drivers when he came back drunk from a run - reeked of whisky and had apparently driven back from London like that - because he's an alcoholic. ....
                            Rapscallion
                            Heard of a State Trooper who went to work drunk, drove away when they figured-out he was wasted, was pulled-over by co-workers and failed the breathalizer. They fired him for coming to work drunk, but he fought it and had the termination overturned because it was his first offense - which 'should' have been only a verbal warning or suspension.

An attorney for the state figured out the solution: give him the D.U.I. ticket, get his drivers' license suspended, and fire him for being unable to perform his job duties (no license, no driving around in a patrol car). They did, it was, and he was.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                              How the CSR Stole Christmas

(Everybody Sing!)
                              You're a monster, Miss Kara. You're heart's an empty hole. Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul, Miss Kara!
                              I love this time of year, when the people who can't think ahead blame people for their mistakes. Joy to the world!
                              I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X