Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was growing up my mom drank her coffee black and my dad drank his with (preferrably) half n half or (more usually b/c of the cost) powdered creamer and sweetener.

Now, my dad drinks it black and my mom drinks it with milk and sweetener. I have no idea what happened with my mom to make her switch, but I know my dad slowly drank his darker and darker, weeding himself off the sweetener and creamers as a way to eliminate extra calories in his diet as he drank a LOT of coffee.

Now he only drinks a cup or two a day, but he still takes it black most of the time.

When he's at my house he'll occassionally splash some half n half in it as I keep it on hand for my coffee and hot tea and oatmeal. See, I won't drink coffee unless there's half and half to put in it as I don't like the taste or mouthfeel otherwise and my preferred sweetener is stevia, which most places don't have, so I carry it with me.

As for how others take their coffee, unless they're at my house and I'm setting up a coffee tray or putting the stuff out on the counter for people to help themselves so I need to know what all to put out, I don't care. But, then, I'm a reasonable person.

Men who act like the asshole in the OP make me assume they're compensating for something.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

My dad makes his coffee with as many coffee beans and as little water as he can get away with. I mean, like, acid coffee. Seriously.

And drinks it that way. My mom can't even tolerate how he drinks it like that, so she doesn't drink coffee at home.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

blas, sounds like the coffee "mud" my grandfather used to make. It was so thick you could stand a spoon up in it. It looked like sludge. :shudder:
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Oh, and he wants it boiled to levels that could, I swear, take your skin right off your lips and tongue!

He has destroyed several coffee makers (and whatever that thing is called that holds the coffee and warms it, I'm not a big coffee person so I don't know) by charbroiling his damn coffee.

It even sits there warming forever, and he still microwaves it. I bought him a to-go mug with a built in heater that came with its own coffee maker. Instead of a regular coffee maker and a whatever that thing is called that he could keep wrecking and over-heating, he can make his coffee all in one huge mug, and it would keep itself warm without using extra energy and burning the hell out of the coffee maker, because it doesn't require that.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            My dad makes his coffee with as many coffee beans and as little water as he can get away with. I mean, like, acid coffee. Seriously.

And drinks it that way. My mom can't even tolerate how he drinks it like that, so she doesn't drink coffee at home.
            NAVY COFFEE!!! That's the way to drink it. Even better if the spoon melts

Comment

Interesting. My dad has never been in the service.

I thought it was a farm boy thing or maybe even just the way "real" Germans drink their coffee, since that's how Gramps used to also drink his.

Comment

Coffee...

... I don't drink it much anymore. When I was younger and angrier I drank more then a pot a day. Black. Sometimes stone cold, if I had made too much to drink fast enough to finish it. I carried around a big bottle of coffee with me.

I don't drink coffee like that anymore. It reminds me too much of how I was then, and I don't like a lot of the shit I did at that time.

Mostly I drink tea now, but when I do have coffee, I take it with lots of sugar, and no milk or cream (I'm lactose intolerant, damn that lactose ), except when I'm having a bad day. I sometimes drink it straight black without thinking about it.

On an unrelated note, its interesting how memory works sometimes. >.>

Comment

As I like to say.. Coffee isn't my cup of tea
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I've never been a big fan of hot coffee. I'm a wussy trendy type, I guess, because I'll totally hit up Starbucks for a carmel frappuccino (extra carmel!!) or McDonalds for a carmel McFrappee or even just an iced coffee on the way to/from work. Or Gloria Jeans for a white chocolate carmel chiller. MMMMMM.

Ever since the smoking ban at work, I've had to have something. It's too expensive and really not that great for you to have that much soda, so I started having a cup of coffee on one of my breaks (with plenty of water before or after).

I don't mind it so much anymore. It's not great, but it satisfies me as close to having a cigarette, I guess, enough to make me able to go back to work after break. I totally dilute that nasty hot crap with plenty of sugar and creamer, though.

Comment

Dunkin' Donuts. Seriously. Starbucks WISHES it's coffee was that good.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        Dunkin' Donuts. Seriously. Starbucks WISHES it's coffee was that good.
                        *cough*Tim Hortons is superior!*cough*

Seriously though, the only coffee I drink is French Vanilla-flavoured coffee. I just can't stand the taste of regular coffee; it's way too bitter for me, even with cream and sugar.
                        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Milk does not go near my regular coffee (fancy coffees, on the other hand) But drink your java the way to want to!

Ahh...Gloria Jeans....I worked there once, and got pretty hooked on the white-chocolate-caramel-cookie-chiller......drooooooooooooll
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

What a douche!! If he pulled that with me, I would just point at my drink and say, "well this tastes better!" I'm the type of person who likes coffee with my cream and sugar, and not the other way around.

Comment

I use to be asked if I wanted some coffee with my sugar..liked it very sweet. One of the reasons I don't drink much coffee now is because I can't have it as sweet as I would like. Everybody has different tastes, the one guy just needs to get over himself
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yeah sugar and cream don't go anywhere near my coffee unless it's a latte or something. I like my coffee black and fairly strong unless it's a lighter brew which would taste best not as strong. And I use a french press so it's never burned.

Mytical if you like sweet coffee and can't have that much sugar you can use a sweetener....Truvia is one I use for stuff.

I don't know how anyone can do the cream/sugar thing it's so nasty but whatever as long as I don't have to smell it And Kinkoid...butter? really?
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X