This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen (Scene?) at the post office

I caught the last end of the conversation, but just enough--maybe too much.

It seems this SC was making a herculean effort to NOT understand why the USPS (and State Department as he appeared to be holding a passport application) could not take someone else's check for the application and passport fee. SC kept insisting that it was a good check and postal lady kept pointing out that it was not his.

To my pleasant surprise SC did not ask for a manager and the line started moving again when SC walked away.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I seem to remember having to use a money order for my passport a couple of years ago. I didn't think they took personal checks.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      I seem to remember having to use a money order for my passport a couple of years ago. I didn't think they took personal checks.
      I know they do in Virginia. I wrote a personal check for my passport last year.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        On the State Department's website they specifically say, "personal check or money order". Which is the same as it said when I got my first one in 1999 and for the renewal 5 years ago.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        I know they do in Virginia. I wrote a personal check for my passport last year.
        Shouldn't make a difference what state you're in since you're dealing with the feds...
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The guy in the OP was trying to use a third party check! One that he was given (in his name) and is trying to convince them to take it.

I had someone recently try to bully me into using a third party check, towards a money order that they needed for taking the citizen test. CASH ONLY!

"But my friend say check is good, I want become Citizen!" him. (He actually wrote that).
          "CASH ONLY" me.
          Repeated several times. Until he gets upset and says (in perfect American English), "You are why this Country is going down. Women have no place in business, a man would have allowed me to do it (I work in a corporate store no one could allow a check for a money order the register won't allow it). When I tried to mentioned that he told me to SHUT UP AND SPEAK TO NOT HIM AGAIN UNTIL I WAS ASKED.

He then got mad when I followed his instructions, any question he had when he found out his mistake and asked where he can get check cashed was dealt with grunts and head gestures.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            It seems this SC was making a herculean effort to NOT understand why the USPS (and State Department as he appeared to be holding a passport application) could not take someone else's check for the application and passport fee.
            I would have been tempted to lean forward and say 'SIR! She cannot take it because Alligators are usually green!'

Comment

Working...
            X