This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth paxillated View Post
    If I found one of your cards on my windshield when I got back to my car, I'd burst into tears - not because I'm a sensitive plant, but because I'm so damned tired by the time I'm done.
    I don't think you're the target audience with that one, just the fully mobile, yet lazy and entitled sods that inconvenience people like yourself

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
      If I found one of your cards on my windshield when I got back to my car, I'd burst into tears - not because I'm a sensitive plant, but because I'm so damned tired by the time I'm done.
      To be fair, I don't think patiokitty meant you. I think she meant people who illegally park in HP spots.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I've gotten so sick of seeing people (most of whom have a handicap placard) parking in the no parking spot of the van handicap spot. I have a friend who uses the electric mobility scooters... and if people park there, they can't get their scooter in or OUT of the back of their van. So I asked who I report it to in the store, "just in case." Customer Service or a CSM who will call management to deal with it.

That spot exists for a reason, asshole, and it's not because you're also an speshul snowflake. Also, there is a regular spot RIGHT NEXT to where you park, dumb ass. If you can't walk the additional two feet, maybe you should consider having someone else drive and drop you at the door? (Before anyone takes offense, this regular spot is right in front of another "regular" handicap spot. It'd be close to the same distance to walk for both spots.)

Basically it's like this

H-Spot|R-Spot
        H-Spot|Blank VH-Spot
        H-Spot|VH-Spot
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
          That spot exists for a reason, asshole, and it's not because you're also an speshul snowflake. Also, there is a regular spot RIGHT NEXT to where you park, dumb ass. If you can't walk the additional two feet, maybe you should consider having someone else drive and drop you at the door? (Before anyone takes offense, this regular spot is right in front of another "regular" handicap spot. It'd be close to the same distance to walk for both spots.)
          While I understand your frustration, I'd like to point out that those spots might not have been available when the other person arrived. The handicapped spots are first-come, first-served, so getting torqued about it doesn't make sense.

Also, I and my family have been yelled at by able-bodied customers for parking in a regular spot. Yes, when all the gimp spots are full I take a regular one as close as I can get it. Please do not yell at me for not circling the lot and waiting for a handicapped spot to open. Also, when my husband is alone, even if he's driving my car with the handicapped plates he's not allowed to park in the handicapped spot unless I'm with him, yet people have tried to chew his ass over taking up a spot for "normal" people.

Normal now apparently is short for "rude entitlement whores".
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

At one point I had small cards made up that said 'The spot you are in is for physically handicapped people - last time I checked LAZY is not a recognized physical handicap.
            I wasn't too coherent when I reacted... We call it "fibrofog." Today I can see - easily - that you're putting them on cars without handicapped tags or placards. Keep up the good work! Please!

(embarrassed)
            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Sorry, but the definition you're looking for is "stupid people".

I've already had people ask me why I don't park wheelchair van in the handicapped spots...
              1. I don't need it (and I'm not so lazy that I can't walk an extra 20 feet).
              2. My passenger doesn't care (usually... and if they do, I give them my other reasons).
              3. Someone who's actually handicapped might need the spot before I'm ready to leave.
              4. I CAN'T! Just because the van has that little wheelchair guy painted on the side doesn't mean it qualifies! (Our wc vans don't have either handicapped plates or the placard. And if the driver qualifies for one, chances are they are physically incapable of performing the duties required of wc drivers... such as wheeling morbidly obese people up ramps... ow my poor back)

My preferred parking spot for loading passengers is (gasp!) the loading zone, which is specifically designated for such activities, and in fact is often closer to the handicapped ramp than the actual parking spots are.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Also, I and my family have been yelled at by able-bodied customers for parking in a regular spot. Yes, when all the gimp spots are full I take a regular one as close as I can get it. Please do not yell at me for not circling the lot and waiting for a handicapped spot to open. Also, when my husband is alone, even if he's driving my car with the handicapped plates he's not allowed to park in the handicapped spot unless I'm with him, yet people have tried to chew his ass over taking up a spot for "normal" people.

I thought I was the only one! I keep my son's placard on the dash, but when he's not with me, I don't use the handicapped spots. I've been yelled at for *not* parking in them before. I thought it was a one off situation, but now I see it's not.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I once checked into a hotel with a broken leg on crutches, and asked if there were valet parking available, even as a favour. I was told by front desk to park in the handicap space out front, it was ok, she'd take my plate number. Um, no, I don't think you can just change the law like that? I really don't think that most people understand the way handicap space parking works.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I wish the police where I work would actually do something like that. But they won't come onto our building's parking lot because property management - next door to us - won't pursue it because they claim that it's a private property*. On any given day, there are at least three people who don't have hang tags or plates park in the handicap spots. But heaven forbid if one of us parks in the visitor parking area.

Yes, the building management actually actively monitors the visitor parking, but doesn't give a crap about the handicap parking. I've even seen some of the people who are hired to take care of things in our building (HVAC, electrical, etc.) park in the handicap spots.

* our building isn't private property because all the businesses are open to the public and there are at least 5 companies in the building (maybe more, I haven't looked at the directory in a few months). I've stopped arguing with the manager for our property about this. It's just not worth it anymore.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I saw Greensboro and High Point mentioned earlier. Hi neighbors! I live outside of Winston-Salem.

When I worked at the computer company that rhymes with hell, we had handicapped employee spots. A guy got a 250$ fine for using his grandma's hangtag.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                        I once checked into a hotel with a broken leg on crutches, and asked if there were valet parking available, even as a favour. I was told by front desk to park in the handicap space out front, it was ok, she'd take my plate number. Um, no, I don't think you can just change the law like that? I really don't think that most people understand the way handicap space parking works.
                        She was wrong to tell you that, and you would have been wrong to do it, in spite of your visible handicap.

Your doctor should have given you documentation (it's a simple form you can download from the internet that he signs) that you can then take to the DMV to get a temporary HC hang tag. That's what I did when I foot surgery last year and was on crutches for six weeks.

If anyone gets a genuine orthopedic injury, get the form and get the doctor to sign it. You can do this once a year. The fee is nominal (5 bucks in NC).
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

You have my sympathy on this. Nothing wrong with ME, but sometimes I have to borrow my Dad's truck to run errands. It has two placards and a DV plate. I got my ass chewed for parking in a normal spot, because as a "Disabled Veteran," I should "by all that's holy", park in the handicap spot I EARNED. Umm... I appreciate the thought, but I'm only his daughter and borrowing his vehicle.

I'm not going to say anything to anyone. Arkansans love them some guns and I'd rather let those with more authority than me handle it. I'm just going to report it and let management get the story/have police ticket 'em.
                          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                            If anyone gets a genuine orthopedic injury, get the form and get the doctor to sign it. You can do this once a year. The fee is nominal (5 bucks in NC).
                            So what happens if someone gets the temporary permit as a result of a broken leg, then a few months after the expiry they break their other leg? If it can only be done once per year, does this mean that the second broken leg isn't eligible for a permit?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

I've never seen this. Do you mean regular people or parking authority people?
                              IIRC we would see people in plain clothes walking around with clipboards. Mom chatted with one of them while I was inside during a visit some time back and found out they work with parking authority.

While WM has private security, they don't do much but ride around in the little truck and try to act intimidating while on a cell phone. Nobody paid much attention to them but when you get a ticket on your windshield - that seems to get your attention PDQ.

Tell me about it. When Evil Empryss is having a bad day we HAVE to have a handicapped spot for her because it is so hard for her to move.

And I've been there myself; when I had my foot surgery last year I had a 3 month temporary tag and I needed every day of it. It is soooo hard to walk long distances on crutches.
                              Sometimes I leave Mom in the car, other times (if she feels up to it) I'll go get a scooter and bring it out to the car to her so she can come in to shop with me.

Last year when I was having difficulty walking, I had to stop in one day and every step was torture (felt like my right hip was going to pop out and I was going to fall in the floor) so I had to use one of those scooters myself.

I still have those times where I have a bit of difficulty with the walking but nowhere near as bad - most times I can just grab a cart and just hold on to it and take my time.

When you're using crutches due to surgery or have lower back issues/sciatica, every step is going to feel like a chore. What I hate about it most is that what will take me 5 minutes to do would take me 10 or 15 b/c I would have to slow down my walk - and patience is NOT one of my virtues at all.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                So what happens if someone gets the temporary permit as a result of a broken leg, then a few months after the expiry they break their other leg? If it can only be done once per year, does this mean that the second broken leg isn't eligible for a permit?
                                That's the law in North Carolina. It's a good law; it prevents abuse of the system. It's highly unlikely that someone would need a temp permit more than once in a year.

Of course, that someone WAS me last year. I broke the same foot I had the injury on (a stress fracture), and went back into a walking boot and on crutches for six more weeks. I didn't bother trying for a new permit. I just sucked it up. It was very difficult for awhile.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                                IIRC we would see people in plain clothes walking around with clipboards. Mom chatted with one of them while I was inside during a visit some time back and found out they work with parking authority.
                                Cool. I didn't know that. Good to know.

While WM has private security, they don't do much but ride around in the little truck and try to act intimidating while on a cell phone. Nobody paid much attention to them but when you get a ticket on your windshield - that seems to get your attention PDQ.
                                Instant karma. I love it!

Last year when I was having difficulty walking, I had to stop in one day and every step was torture (felt like my right hip was going to pop out and I was going to fall in the floor) so I had to use one of those scooters myself.
                                Those scooters are a godsend. I've used them when my foot was aching, after the surgery/fracture largely healed. I'll give it up if I see someone in more need, but if I'm having trouble walking I have no shame in using one.

Comment

Working...
                                X