Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most wonderful time of the year...

...when a national franchise releases it's "limited edition foods" for a limited time only!

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/...wings-2415859/

I've never had a McRib, but I loooooove Shamrock shakes! Now, some people claim that the Shamrock shake is just a vanilla shake with a hint of mint, and to that I say, "Hey, what's your favorite thing in the world, so I can dump all over that?"

I also love Girl Scout cookies! My favorite flavor is...no suprise...Tagalongs! Bet you were thinking Thin Mints, right? That's my second favorite flavor

Thin Mint tip: try freezing them! Yum!

Here in Japan they are crazy about Kit Kats, and have lots of limited edition flavors (the flavor of the month right now is cheese! Yum!). My favorite is the cherry blossom Kit Kat, which is available every Spring. It's a pink Kit Kat that tastes like cherries! Only 3 more months until they appear on the shelves again! Yay!

I've had wasabi Kit-Kats - they were actually really good!

I've also had a couple of McRibs since they came out. Mom and I used to always go as soon as they were released, so I guess it's just a thing. Oh, and one of my friends is friends with a Girl Scout Troop Leader, so we've got our cookie order in. Huzzah!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Not just Thin Mints...you can pretty much freeze all the flavors! I always buy several dozen and fill the freezer to the brim. They still only last about half the year.

For my wedding, I had frozen several boxes of cookies to save to serve at the reception.

(I have a lifetime Girl Scout membership, and consider it my duty to buy copious amounts of cookies from my old troop, as well as any other ones I come across at stores that time of year. Trefoils are my favorites, but I always get at least one of every flavor every year.)
      Last edited by bhskittykatt; 12-06-2010, 11:47 PM.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Coupla years ago Costco had some gift boxes of coffee,bein' coffee lovers we gifted ourselves one
        One of the coffees was an absolutely exquisite Ethiopian & like dumbasses we never thought to find out the brand & Costco hasn't carried it since
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I definitely love those pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, as well as Girl Scout cookies.

Comment

Jazzman's does the seasonal thing too. Their October/November special is usually their pumpkin chai muffins. Last year around this time, they had these highly-addictive strawberry blondies. This year, it's the french toast muffin (which tastes more like syrup-covered waffles than french toast and is ridiculously nummy when microwaved for a few seconds), the cranberry pistachio cookie (which I haven't tried simply because I'm not a fan of either cranberries or pistachios) and, possibly my favorite, the red velvet cupcake with white frosting and red sprinkles.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post

Here in Japan they are crazy about Kit Kats, and have lots of limited edition flavors (the flavor of the month right now is cheese! Yum!). My favorite is the cherry blossom Kit Kat, which is available every Spring. It's a pink Kit Kat that tastes like cherries! Only 3 more months until they appear on the shelves again! Yay!
              oooo I love different kit cats - I had some of the ginger ale ones last year. We only get boring chocolate ones here in the US =(

Am I the only pasty white american who like bean paste and musk candies?
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                red velvet cupcake with white frosting and red sprinkles.

OMG, I love those! They're sooo gorgeous and delicious and I daresay...elegant! I always felt that they're the sort of dessert served to royalty (yes, I really do think about these things). If I was making Prince William and Kate's wedding cake I'd definitely go with red velvet.

Comment

Cheese kit-kat? O.o

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to order the billion and one flavours they seem to have?

And for anyone interested, a quick search on Wiki gives me a MASSIVE list of flavours: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat enjoy at your perusal.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

japan and kit-kat omg....
                    my boyfriend sent me green-tea kit-kats. those actually got me liking green tea finally

i miss those

Comment

Working...
                    X