X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRS's customers have been calling me

AKA- how NOT to get a discount

So this guy calls in (this guy is part of the reason why I was on edge when I lost it later)

me- thank you for calling (hotel) this is smiley speaking, how may I help you?
    sc- do you have anything available on tuesday, queen size, non smoking?
    me- yes, I do still have a queen non smoking available (actually I didn't, but that is one I'm willing to oversell) and that is at $74 plus tax
    sc- no, we stay there all the time, it's always been $69 plus tax, you
    me- I'm sorry, but I will not tolerate vulgarity on this phone, will you be reserving or not.
    sc- not unless you give me my rate, you
    me- *click*

is it wrong that I actually feel bad about hanging up on him not because I hung up on a potential guest but because I'm actually kinda curious about what he was going to call me
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

His name isn't Kingston Armand was it??

This guy; everytime he calls for a reservation he expects me to have his voice memorized. Even though I hadn't seen him in two months and have NEVER spoken to him on the phone previously. He's just an asshole in general.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Actually I don't see where you should feel bad at all.

Sure, you (correctly) guessed that he would mouth off more.... but you didn't force him to. He simply chose to act with his ego instead of his brains, but... that was his choice. You simply enjoyed the show he put on.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        You simply enjoyed the show he put on.

yeah... but if I kept him on the phone the show would have gone on longer
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Well yes I would have been curious too, but hanging up on them is just as fun.

Comment

Working...
          X