Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boss takes home the old bread, he's got 4 kids and they eat a loaf and a half a day each.

Comment

88 for 88.88... compared to vending machines in japan that's a savings. most sodas in the machines there are 120¥, which is currently $1.19...

but i've seen some stories here where they *still* argue for the price, somehow thinking they're getting a discount when they're not...

Comment

Quoth Moggie View Post

I am amused.
        This comment goes perfectly with your avatar.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Regarding marked-down bread, I've got two stories for this: one attempt at scamming and one funny one.

Scamming attempt: Guy comes up to my checkout with a loaf of bread and a 6-pack of rolls. The 6-pack of rolls is marked down, the loaf of bread is not. He kicks up a fuss about the bread not being marked down, so I page bakehouse. Then he decides that not only does he NOT want the loaf of bread, he doesn't want the bread rolls either, despite being marked down. Later on, I checked the loaf of bread and discovered that the expiry date was THURSDAY! We mark down bread one, maybe two, days at the most.

Funny one: Some close shifts, especially on Tuesdays when my manager plays duty manager, any leftover bread at about 8:30-ish gets marked down to about 50c each. And it's usually the freshly baked stuff like rolls and such. Towards the end of one particular night, all the stuff got marked down to 10c each and a chicken was marked down to $2 (not the whole chicken). So about 5 minutes from close, my sup goes to us "Did you want to go and get some stuff?" We all took turns running from the checkouts to the backroom, grabbing our wallets/purses and buying bread and chicken. What was funny was that we were actually allowed to buy stuff during our shift
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X