This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlaqueKatt,

Thanks for the info; I didn't think much of it since all our rabbits live outside anyway. I'll continue to give the rabbits Diatomaceous earth as well as rubbing Eucalyptus oil on them, as well as adding garlic to their food. We've raised cottentails before, just long enough for them to put on some weight and give them a better chance of surviving; never had any die on us yet. I want to give the little guy a chance; he had a hard enough time being stuck in a mechanic's garage!

Now some people at work, based on my description of the animal, seem to think that I might have seen a coyote; and they apparently do live in the area, even though we are 1/4 a mile from a school in a very nice, suburban neighborhood! From my estimate of it being about 2ft high and about 4 feet with the tail, that's what they believe. It seemed to be a very light reddish tan; I couldn't tell if it had socks or not. The eyes glowed greenish-yellow, but I've read that foxes eyes can shine a variety of colors. I don't know if I'd prefer it to be a fox or a yote! But a coworker said his uncle owns a trapping business and might set a trap for us for free, so that's good news.
    Last edited by LillFilly; 06-07-2012, 07:04 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You might want to check out this link for more info on your problem.

Fox and coyotes can look very similar, and I'm not sure it really matters which it was, as you've got a pest problem, regardless of its species.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        You might want to check out this link for more info on your problem.

Fox and coyotes can look very similar, and I'm not sure it really matters which it was, as you've got a pest problem, regardless of its species.

^-.-^
        Yeah, it could be a big fox or small coyote. It was fast and I was a little shocked because it was NOT the cat I was expecting! I've got some wolf urine on the way, and there's been no activity the last 2-nights, so fingers crossed!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
        X