Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised the mother just took the word of a random person in a book store of what's appropriate for her kid's to read. I remember reading books like IT or Isle of View when I was around 11 or 12 and those are pretty sexually explicit. Its all about what the kid can handle mom. Random lady in the bookstore doesn't know what your kid can handle but you should.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      Count Chocula, Count von Count (The Count)

Sorry, I'll let myself out now...
      Spike, Angel

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      ugh, that's horrible what happened. I wouldn't have gone for the arm however, I would've just kicked him in the balls. but that's just me.
      I think I remember reading somewhere that a groin attack isn't the most effective against attackers.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        I think I remember reading somewhere that a groin attack isn't the most effective against attackers.
        It really depends on the attacker's motivation. Someone who is really up for a fight and has serious adrenaline in thier system won't be affected much until the adrenaline wears off. It works fine on someone just posturing, but most guys have enough twitch reflex to take the blow on the inner thigh instead. The fellow I took lessons from for a bit suggested that if you could get the knee or foot up that far, you take out the attacker's knee instead, just to be safe.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I had heard that the problem with trying a knee to the groin was that most guys expect it, and you'll hit whatever they're using to protect their groin (such as their thigh). I was under the impression that the point of bringing one's knee up was to get the guy off balance, so that when you used the height you'd just gained to stomp the instep, that he wouldn't be ready to dodge it.

Comment

I was told to forget the knee, instead grab with the hand & twist.... hard
            May not be effective if the assilant is wearing a metal codpiece though
            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I always heard they are expecting the groin, so punch them in the nose as hard as possible.

It annoys me enough that I constantly overhear comments about my "titties", but I swear to God it takes everything I have every time some lecherous creep tries to touch me to not grab their arm and twist it so hard it breaks.

If the creepers don't quit it, one of these days my parents will be getting a call from me...."Uh yeah Dad....some guy grabbed my ass....he's in a coma and they are still trying to get the high heel out of his ass."
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                From everything I've heard there's nothing wrong with Twilight per se. Just don't expect your brain cells to engage, or else you'll be horribly disappointed. It's not bad, just light and definitely not literature. (I should try it, but I'm still scarred from Harry Potter, so I'll pass.)
                From what I've heard (I have no interest in them, myself), it's a big indoctrination that an abusive relationship is a-ok so long as the guy doesn't main or kill the girl and he makes sure to tell her he loves her. :shrug:

As mentioned, however, I haven't red any of it, so I'm just going by what I've heard.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Oh, so it's IKEA eroticism ("He put his thing in my place!") of some sort?

Somehow I think Stephanie Meyer is incapable of better.
                  No, IKEA eroticism is "tab A goes into slot B"
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Off Topic: there is an absolutely wonderful Twilight-bashing humor blog at:
                    http://community.sparknotes.com/inde...ht-index-page/

It's written by an adult male who decided to respond to the Twilight hype by picking up the series himself and writing down his impressions, chapter by chapter, as he reads the series. It's hilarious.

Back to your post, even if you WERE a Edward-obsessed teeny-bopper giggling and annoying the Hot Topic clerk, that guy highly deserved the worst possible punishment for laying hands on you. Could you imagine how terrified some little 13 year old might have been? I wish he'd been the one you'd bent the wrist back on. Hope the lecture hurt his pride big-time. Nice that you actually got to see his ass being hauled out. Not often you get to see the jerks out there actually getting punished.

Comment

Am I the only one who remembers Count Blah from Greg the Bunny?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                        From everything I've heard there's nothing wrong with Twilight per se. Just don't expect your brain cells to engage, or else you'll be horribly disappointed. It's not bad, just light and definitely not literature. (I should try it, but I'm still scarred from Harry Potter, so I'll pass.)
                        Basically, it's Mills & Boon. With "vampires". I call them Meyerpires, cuz real vampires do not sparkle and are not vegetarian.

As for that git who grabbed you, good for you. I would have clocked him one, as I hate sleazes; speaking as a large boobed lady, myself.

I wish we had Hot Topic over here; I'd definitely go there. And it was so sad about Paul; I've been a fan of Slipknot for ages.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Everytime I hear or see New Moon, I think of the Duran Duran Song - New Moon on Monday.

As for the guys, don't let those bozos jade your impression of the male species. We are not all lecherous boob grabbing assholes.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                            No, but sadly it didn't even get a full season of episodes. A shame really, it was a wonderfully bent little show.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Geek King, I know.

Thankfully, Bella once got me the DVD of what there is.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                                Ah, Greg the Bunny. Got to love cussing puppets. I do miss that show so. I hear that they may be coming back, but that's as valid as the rumor that Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is coming back, so I'm not looking into it too much.

Update: Got a call no too long ago from the police department, asking if I wanted to press charges on the buff dude. He told me he already has 2 other assault chargers and a domestic assault charge as well. If I pressed charges, that would be enough to send him to jail for a LONG time. So of course, I said I would. Man did that police officer sound relieved. Apparently, he had these charges, but none of them wanted to go to court along with not having enough evidence for the domestic charge. He called back a couple of days ago and said because I came forward, the other 3 girls were willing to come forward. Court date is in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens from there.

Oh, and a fun thing to do with the Twilight books, everytime they say vampire in the book, replace it with fairy and it makes more sense. Swear, it works and it's funnier than shit! Also, replace blood with human emotions, and replace werewolf with gnome. Quite interesting read after that lol.
                                Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Working...
                                X