This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Eireann View Post
    So many pages of posts; so many tributes. Why didn't he realize how much he meant to so many people?
    Sadly it is often our nature to not tell people what they mean to us as often as perhaps we should.

I am all in favor of changing that, though.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
      Sadly it is often our nature to not tell people what they mean to us as often as perhaps we should.

I am all in favor of changing that, though.
      I second that, times about a billion. I'm going to make sure my friends know how I feel about them. I wouldn't want any of them to be in doubt about their importance, even for a minute.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• He will be missed. I hope he has found peace.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• I am so sorry to hear of his passing. I have been a long time member and will think of Plaidman fondly.

I know I don't post as much as I used to, but I for one appreciate all the outpouring of love.
          I have been having a difficult time lately and it's promising to see all the love.

CS rocks.
          "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
          "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

• Stunned right now... will think of him today and pray he's in peace.

just keep thinking that I'll never read a new post from him again ....

Comment

• From his posts I could tell he was a very sweet guy and he'll be missed.

Rest in peace, Plaidman...may the next world be kinder to him than this one..

Comment

• RIP Plaidman. I didn't know him but have read his posts on here. I have read through a lot of the posts that have been made towards him and it sounds like he was a nice guy. Also makes me realize that tomorrow when I go on vacation with my family that I should enjoy the time with them because who knows what will tomorrow bring.

Since I posted earlier I have kept reading the comments. I am realizing how nice people are on here. Truth be told about a month ago I went into a serious funk due to another failed relationship, unable to find a job to pay my bills, that I had to move back in with my parents at 32, and that I had to move away from all of my friends in VA and after a year hadn't really made any friends. But I am starting to feel a lot better about myself.
                Last edited by Ree; 07-09-2011, 02:07 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Comment

• if its not too horribly soon for any....went looking for more of plaids old posts/strips and found these

http://www.customerssuck.com/?s=Plaidman

it brings back good memories

Comment

• Quoth Midnight12 View Post
                    if its not too horribly soon for any....went looking for more of plaids old posts/strips and found these

http://www.customerssuck.com/?s=Plaidman

it brings back good memories
                    He had some good stories...poor guy..
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I think that link on Plaidman's stories and strips are a great way to honor him.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• RIP Plaidman, from another long time lurker here at CS.

Comment

• I am greatly saddened to hear of one of our own passing on. I'll admit that I did not know the man at all like most of you have, but I hope we all follow the advice to tell our friends how important they are to us. I just started by sending a boatload of texts to friends, hopefully those seeds sprout fruit.
                          Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

• I rarely visit this area of the site, but when I saw a post titled "Plaidman", I knew it couldn't be good.

I am just stunned. Not surprised, but shocked We chatted a few times away from the forum, and I'm afraid he thought I was patronizing him when I told him that I cared what happened to him I'm sorry I wasn't able to provide a small amount of comfort, which was all I was trying to do, and I'm doubly sorry he didn't manage to find any elsewhere either. I've been in that dark spot and I've been lucky enough to have people around me to pull me out. I can only hope he's found whatever peace he was searching for.
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

• I rarely visit this site nowadays. Just busy with life and all. Im saddened and shocked by Plaidmans passing. He was one of the few people on this site I've exchanged msg's with. Just reached out and started talking.....A great person
                              Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

• I just found out, myself... The irony is, I spent that day/night talking someone ELSE out of hurting themselves. It was the day before my birthday, which is how I remember when. I wish he'd talked to me like my other friend did.

I've seen Plaid's posts since I joined CS years ago, and they were always well-written and thoughtful. Poor guy. I've been there myself, a long time ago, and since helped several friends stay alive. My contact information is also there for anyone who wants it, just PM me or send an email to my Pidgin name. I am willing to call, email, text, or anything. Just *please* get help... I wish Plaidman had.

I wrote this many years ago, when I was told that a close friend had killed herself. I dedicate it also to Plaidman.

Reanna

You haunt my dreams,
                                My thoughts, my heart.
                                With you went my inspiration.
                                Without you, I have no muse.
                                We were the best of friends,
                                But I let you slip away.
                                Hidden pain, in a more
                                Deeply hidden heart.
                                I wonder what happened,
                                What could have caused such hurt.
                                But I can no longer see inside.