This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterfeit IDs.

The Washington Post had an article on July 30 about counterfeit IDs made in China. Since counterfeit IDs figure in many forum postings, here it is:

Latest counterfeit IDs are so good they’re dangerous
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Pretty scary to say the least.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yikes. Hope that never happens down here....

as far as I'm aware, the security features on the two forms of ID I own (proof of age card and my drivers licence) consist of microprinting on the back, hologram on the front of our state logo (its known as the "piping shrike" while its actually a form of magpie) and a little dot on the bottom-left hand corner, which when you hold a light through it, produces two half circles.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

This is why we have one of the scanners. Well, that, and (fratching content removed for the sake of everyone's delicate eyes). Oh, and (foul language removed for the sake of everyone's brains).

Yup. That.

Comment

Yikes. Not surprising in a way though...everything else gets faked over there.

Kinda makes you wonder what kind of new scrutiny people will be asked to go through to prove they are who their ID says they are...
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Over here we have problems with 'novelty' IDs - they're essentially very similar to drivers licences but not quite the same.

This is so the manf. can say they're providing a novelty item rather than a fake ID (which would be an offence under the fraud act).

However, as soon as you use said ID to, say, get entry to somewhere you shouldn't, or obtain goods/services you shouldn't then it's an 'article for the commision of fraud' - tends to scare the parents somewhat when you say that
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I always just whipped out my government ID. Every bouncer I've dealt with just looks, sees that it's a government ID, then doesn't even bother looking at the information on it.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Wow, guess I'll be paying closer attention from now on.

Comment

Working...
                X