Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If SHE were the disabled one, she'd be out pulling the "disability" card, instead of saying all that stuff that she said!

That "woman" is the most bigoted and selfish "woman" that I've heard of!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      I know this is going to be difficult but hearme out: Someone should call the local newspaper. See if the editorial dept is interested in a human rights/human interest-type story. Be polite, not pushy, and have facts (you don't have to give out a lot of names if you are (understandably) worried about your job.

And definitely call the local human services agencies. Mr. D. was singled out, harassed and bullied, by the cops AND by that other customer.

As for that woman: Another case of bigotry mixed with "How DARE anybody express displeasure at being near MY little angels!!!" What. A. Bitch.
      And why is his caretaker not shopping with him, or doing his shopping for him? I really agree that this is a miscarriage of justice. The paperwork needs to get reversed, and the other bitch needs to learn about ADA laws - he is not violent, he has every right to shop in peace. If the bitch had not been pushing him he would have quieted down and finished his shopping, He is not able to understand being barred from doing his shopping there at all, and it would be horrible for him to end up jailed for something he is not able to understand.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Mr D sounds like he may also have sensory processing disorder, hence his adverse reaction to loud noises (a friend of mine's son has it). I agree with previous posters who suggested going to the media - the way he was treated was completely discriminatory and may even go against the American's with Disabilities Act. I feel for him And thank you, OP, for caring *HUGS*
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

This just absolutely breaks my heart and makes me so angry at the same time. ARRRRRRGH!! Go to the media. Mr. D did not deserve to be treated like that at. all.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's worse than you think. The manager either wrote up those no trespass papers himself or got the cops to do it for him.

Either that or the cops have dealt with Mr. D before and issuing him no trespass papers is just how they deal with him if anybody complains about him. That's the only other explanation I can come up with for why he would be getting banned from the supermarket based only on some harpy's say so.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This makes me so angry!

I agree the manager used the cops to do his own dirty work, both he and the bitch need to be sued for every last nickel.

Please call the papers, the ADA and whoever else to get this matter media attention. And as others have said, thank you for caring.

Comment

I am angry beyond words. Go to the papers or the media. If that means losing your job, then it's worth it, because that will just add more fuel to the media fire.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Before I moved, in the supermarket I used to shop at regularly there was a man with his daughter who were there on the same schedule as me, I saw them almost every week. I have no idea what disability the daughter has, it is obvious there is one. She yells inarticulately every few minutes, just a short shout. Anyway, one day I was waiting at the deli for my turn, it was pretty busy. You could hear the girl shouting as she and dad made their way through the aisles. Another "lady" waiting started bitching about "people like that out in public - the store should do something about it." Me and several other people turned to her and told her to STFU, have some compassion, etc.

We were all told that there must be something wrong with us if we didn't think she should be locked away in a home! She stomped out yelling that this was ridiculous and she would never shop there again. I yelled after her "Promise?" The deli employees laughed and said "I wish". She must have been a joy to them before.

Comment

I'm gonna chime in here with shout it from the rooftops, and add sending an anonymous letter to your corporate offices detailing your manager trespassing a disabled customer because of his disability. THAT should get some fur flying.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I wouldn't shout from the rooftops, at least not yet. A nice, anonymous call to the corporate tip line should let the higher ups know what a shitstorm the manager just set them up for. If that doesn't result in some motion, then you open up the flood gates.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        Mr D sounds like he may also have sensory processing disorder, hence his adverse reaction to loud noises (a friend of mine's son has it). I agree with previous posters who suggested going to the media - the way he was treated was completely discriminatory and may even go against the American's with Disabilities Act. I feel for him And thank you, OP, for caring *HUGS*
                        Actually, yes, he does also have SPC, according to my CSM who has worked closely with him over the last couple of years. I'm really not sure of the caretaker situation, though I do know that he lives with his mother, who is also disabled. I know that someone drops him off in the morning and we have a number to call them to pick him up, not sure if there is a actual legal guardian/care-taker.
                        Nothing more has come of this at work as of yet, the security guys still reviewing tapes. My CSM is a member here and I invited her to join in on this thread when she has a chance.

Comment

Just to add on to what has been said (and maybe play devil's advocate a bit, here) -- If the asshole woman who got him banned comes back, don't go up to her in the store and confront her or anything (consider simply refusing to wait on her, if allowed), or YOU may end up on the wrong side of a harassment suit. No matter how tempting it may be, calling this woman out on her shit in the middle of the store will do none of you (including Mr D) any good.

If and when this is taken to the ACLU/media/whatever (the former more than the latter -- after all, they know whose buttons to push in the media to get the word out quickly), let them handle it. Let the professionals do what they can, and supply them with as much documentation as possible about what happened.

Keep in mind that the manager who forced the guy out is likely to put two and two together; he'll know somebody at the store went over his head, even if he doesn't know any specifics, so be prepared for any fallout.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Just to add on to what has been said (and maybe play devil's advocate a bit, here) ...
                            I'd absolutely not confront her in any way. My job is little more than paid monkey; smile, ask for coupons, and have a nice day. The idea of calling ACLU/disability rights/media has been being murmured about since the incident, but none of can afford to lose our jobs. Even though legally they wouldn't be allowed to fire a "whistle-blower (i think?), this place is run rather sneakily- piss off a manager, your hours get cut, piss off a CSM, your till is somehow short at the end of the day or there was a "major complaint" made against you by a customer. They rarely fire anyone outright, they just make it so uncomfortable to work there that people end up quitting.
                            Perhaps if the "murmurers" would ALL place anonymous calls to various media/disability rights outlets, management wouldnt be able to pinpoint anyone specific to pick on.
                            Last edited by EricKei; 10-24-2014, 05:46 PM. Reason: trimmed quote

Comment

Things could get really fun then, because then you'd not only have a discrimination suit, but a whistle-blower retaliation suit as well!

Honestly, I might be inclined to find a new job. I don't know how you put up with that sort of fear-based management.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth TattooedMommie View Post
                                Even though legally they wouldn't be allowed to fire a "whistle-blower (i think?), this place is run rather sneakily-...
                                Then you'd start documenting and filing a few harassment suits...
                                Last edited by EricKei; 10-24-2014, 05:49 PM. Reason: trimmed quote
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X