Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Thief tries to disguise himself as SC.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Bagger

Default Thief tries to disguise himself as SC.

I was supervising the front end/watching self check while all this was going down, so I only was eye witness to the end of it. I caught the whole story afterwards.

We cash payroll checks at our grocery store. We have to be on the look out for phony IDs, phony checks, the usual. A man came in with a suspicious check. It was for a local business we are all familiar with and this check looks nothing like the usual checks we get from there. The customer service girl asks him to please hold on a second and made up a story about how we have been having problems running payroll checks through today. She goes into the cash office (located directly behind her) to hand them the phony check. Also, with the payroll check is the guy's ID. His REAL ID. So a manager is called, who calls the local business to see if this guy works there. Of course not. Police are called and when given the name they say "Stall him, we have a warrant on him!".

So Customer Service girl has to stall the guy while manager stays on the phone with the police for whatever reason. Guy gets belligerent. He starts saying the usual "This store is so fXXXing slow, I'm never coming down here again. Why don't you guys get people who know how to do their job? This is stupid, why do I have to wait so long? I come in here all the time!", "You know how much money I spend here?" Then he started insulting her. "Can't you call someone that knows what they're doing, since you don't?", "Don't you know how to fix the problem?", "I want to see a manager, you don't know what you're doing! I shouldn't have to wait this long to cash a XXXXXX check!". He was loud enough that everyone was looking at him and he started cursing a lot more. I went over to ask her what was going on (unaware of the phony check) and she said the store manager was handling it. I got the vibe something else was going on, but I knew I didn't want to leave her alone with this idiot. A minute or so after I appointed myself her bodyguard (he became suddenly quiet after I made an appearance. My 5 foot 3 inch frame must have really intimidated him), a cop came in. Actually, three cops came in and walked right up to the guy. The conversation goes like this :

Cops: "Hi, how are ya?",
SC/Thief: "Fine."
Cops: "Got any ID?"
SC/Thief: "These a$$holes have it, and my check!"
Cops: "Hands behind your back sir."

They cuffed him right there! The guy settled down after that

I'm thinking "Hey, if we can call cops on SC's now, great!" but then CS girl whispered in my ear what was going on. I'm assuming the guy thought if he was loud we would cash his check with no more questions.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Puggle snuggler

Oh wow. I'm glad you stepped in to help that poor girl, and you guys shouldn't have had to put up with that!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Bagger

Just realized I should have put "scammer" instead of "thief" in the title! There is a bit of a difference, sorry

Old 04-05-2007, 12:03 AM
¡Fleas Navidad!

Note to self: When committing check fraud, use fake ID and do not make a scene when the store employees say there is a problem with the computer.

Bet that guy is thinking !

Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
TechDispatch&EmotionalSupport

Quote:
Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
Bet that guy is thinking
See, I bet that guy isn't thinking much at all.

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Whyme View Post
Just realized I should have put "scammer" instead of "thief" in the title! There is a bit of a difference, sorry
Well he's probably gotten away with it before, so he probably is a thief AND a scammer.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Suckway Slave...still

Quote:
Quoth Whyme View Post
There is a bit of a difference
Is there? They're both pathetic, stupid and try to take what isn't rightfully theirs. Equal in my eyes, at least. Certainly both deserve some intimate time with the .

Old 04-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
Note to self: When committing check fraud, use fake ID and do not make a scene when the store employees say there is a problem with the computer.

Bet that guy is thinking !
And now no matter what happens regarding his jail time or probation, he gets the pleasure of a lifetime criminal record, if he didn't have one already.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
Well he's probably gotten away with it before, so he probably is a thief AND a scammer.

The cops said they had a warrant for him, so he did some kind of big no-no in the past. I guess he is a thief

Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 AM
The Evil Bastard

Quote:
Quoth Whyme View Post
I'm thinking "Hey, if we can call cops on SC's now, great!"
Yeah, don't I wish.