Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How we wish we could be this eBay seller...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How we wish we could be this eBay seller...

Link here:
    http://jalopnik.com/this-response-to...ibly-659974166
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

I don't wish I could be that seller, because that seller is a retard.

A 1996 Ford Bronco with 35,000 miles is not worth anywhere near 25 grand. Not even if it's a super-rare trim package, not even if the seats are done in fine Corinthian leather, not even if the motor oil he uses is refined from unicorn jizz. $9,000 is probably a quite reasonable price for that Bronco.

And where does he think he's going to find somebody with $25,000 cash in hand to make the purchase? Good luck finding a bank willing to finance a 17-year-old vehicle.

Also, it doesn't really work to call somebody "mentelly deficient" when you can't even spell "mentally" correctly. I hope this isn't "to subtle" for the seller to comprehend.

I totally understand feeling insulted by a low offer, but firing off a response like that only makes you look like a colossal pain in the ass. Especially when you are not being realistic about the price.

As for the person submitting the offer, I do wonder why he chose to submit that offer when the seller turned down much bigger ones. He would've been better off making that offer on an $11,000 Bronco.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I am not sure I would like to be that guy. He is selling a car that is worth $7,000 tops (probably not even), asking $24,000 for it and turned down an offer for $9,000 (calling that guy an idiot). As one of the posters commented, "Pot meet Kettle."

While I love his reply, people who live in glass houses...
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yeah, I was just saying I wish I could say what he said to SCs....
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

While I love his reply, people who live in glass houses...
          ...should invest in venetian blinds.

Comment

It's hard to take a pwning seriously when the writer can't spell, structure a sentence, or use punctuation properly.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've been a car salesman. 5k tops for that assuming its perfect.

Seller needs to buy a clue himself lol.

Comment

What scares me is that the author of that article seems to be backing the seller up 100% ~_~ Not really sure if it's meant for a joke or not. The commenters seem to be tearing the asking price apart, tho

I can understand the guy getting upset at people trying to buy specific "parts" like the floor mats, tho his reaction is juuuuuust a bit...how shall I put this...batshit isane.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  What scares me is that the author of that article seems to be backing the seller up 100% ~_~
                  It's Gawker; what else can you expect?

Comment

Lol. Well we all wish out old vehicles sold for as much as a new one.....

Honestly this I'd the typical "old=expensive" way of thinking

It's not even in that good of shape

Comment

Working...
                    X