This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse ageism

As of today I have now been asked twice whether I am the manager of "my" store. (Actually, in the first instance, the customer didn't ask, they just assumed ... and told me what a great manager I was into the bargain, LOL.) With my keen intelligence, I am surmising that it's because I am visibly the oldest person there. Thank you, kind people, but in fact I am the newest hire in the place ... okay, the second-newest now. Newest Guy just started, officially, today.

As I am the only male and the oldest, I have been mistaken for the SM at the tax office.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I had someone ask my trainee if she was a manager, while I was standing beside her and explaining how to ring up certain items.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

At the motel, apparently whoever is at the desk to check them in is the manager. I've read so many survey responses reading "The manager who checked me in was very friendly" or "The manager gave us directions to...". None of the people named are ever the manager, but in the eyes of customers, person at desk = manager.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I stopped in at a local thrift shop a few days ago and encountered a young volunteer explaining to the store manager how to use the new debit card machinery ... He said he felt really odd trying to "mentor" his boss, LOL.

Comment

Most of my bosses are young enough to be my kids or younger siblings. I was lecturing the store manager today on how he will have to stop eating whatever he wants when he's in his 30s.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Did he believe you? (And did that make him rush out for a triple helping of Something That is Verboten After 30?)

Comment

He said he hopes he can stay in shape. He's very fit and good-looking. We'll see what retail does to him....
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X