This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting on a photographer 101

Or, otherwise known as "my husband the hottie". Seriously, he gets hit on by women and men alike.

Cooper's story here made me think of this. While not nearly so...disturbing, it gave me a laugh.

My husband is a professional photographer. Lots of press photos for bands, including live performance shoots, fine art photography, etc. He was out taking some photos for his fine art series when he stopped in a bar because they had an ATM so he could pick up a sandwich at a cash only place. The staff noticed his photography equipment [insert questionable "equipment" joke here] and a female bartender was particularly interested in his :cough: skills.

She asked him if he did portraits, which he was completely open to. So, he asked her what she had in mind.

She then began describing herself, a bedroom, and a selection of lingerie. Before he could respond, she caught a glimpse of his left hand which he had put on the bar and the titanium ring on a specific finger, cut herself off, and said "Oh, nevermind. You're married!" and carried on as if nothing had happened.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Yeek. Well, at least the barkeep had the courtesy/sense to stop talking about it once she realized he was spoken for.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wow. Just wow.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Insert questionable "multiple exposures" joke here ...

Comment

I'm sure her thoughts were heading toward a dark room.
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

She wanted to see what would develop

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
              She wanted to see what would develop
              But then it goes to the stop bath and the fixer...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

She got the negative.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

She wanted to see his enlarger.

Comment

All I can contribute to this thread is the Double Polaroid.

Rated NSFW due to British humour.

Comment

She wasn't able to dodge the color burn, but she was quick enough to use her F-stop.

(crickets... tumbleweeds..)

Comment

She was hoping to make use of a slave flash ...

Comment

She wanted to check out his Paul Buff setup, eh?
                          Play with the monopod?

Comment

Working...
                          X