This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery asshole

This happened around 12:30 something, I went to work to pick up my paycheck so I could have extra money for my tire in case I needed it. I was waiting in line at the customer service counter and not really paying attention to the guy in front of me...at first, then he started raising his voice to J and Nina and I couldn't look away. This guy got one of those do it yourself lottery tickets and filled it out so it somehow ended up being $80 something (I have no idea ), then when it was priced up he refused to pay the amount. He told J "Listen little girl, the most I'll pay for that ticket is $6 and that's it!" Nina and J kept telling him he had to pay the full price for the ticket, he kept refusing so Nina called over Pete the store manager. While they were waiting for Pete he said he wanted them to either "just give him the fucking ticket or have the ticket canceled" and they couldn't do that, the mega and the powerball are non refundable and he didn't believe them. When Pete finally showed up both Nina and the lottery asshole went up to him and the guy told his version first then Nina's, after that he told the guy he had to pay there was yelling between the 3 of them then the guy walked out Pete looked stunned and Nina shouted at the guy to never come back. I finally got my check and Nina said she was gonna start up a pool for the ticket and if it turned out to be a winner the people that put in money would get the split winnings, I put in $3. Even on my day off there are sucky customers.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
    ... Nina said she was gonna start up a pool for the ticket and if it turned out to be a winner the people that put in money would get the split winnings, I put in $3.
    I wish you the best of luck.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

This had to be a double-sucky situation;

Those machines have a system where if a ticket is going to be more that $20.00 it says "This ticket will cost $XX.XX, press SEND to confirm." Any other key will cancel and not print the ticket. Standard training is for the cashier to ask, then hit SEND after confirmation of the price.

Since I have no doubt that your coworker asked (it's drilled into lottery drone's heads which tickets can't be canceled and that they cost the store money) - he must've said yes, then thought if he refused to pay he'd be able to get the huge ticket anyway since it can't be cancelled.

I really hope he is banned, or he'll keep trying.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

When I went in this morning Nina gave me my $3 back, she said the guy came in and paid. He also asked for the number for corporate saying he was going to complain about getting yelled at for no reason and being run out of the store, she gave him the number and just walked away because she said she felt like she was going to start breathing fire and that her head would explode.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          This had to be a double-sucky situation;

Those machines have a system where if a ticket is going to be more that $20.00 it says "This ticket will cost $XX.XX, press SEND to confirm." Any other key will cancel and not print the ticket. Standard training is for the cashier to ask, then hit SEND after confirmation of the price.

Since I have no doubt that your coworker asked (it's drilled into lottery drone's heads which tickets can't be canceled and that they cost the store money) - he must've said yes, then thought if he refused to pay he'd be able to get the huge ticket anyway since it can't be cancelled.

I really hope he is banned, or he'll keep trying.
          Depending on the state, you can change the $ amount at which that prompt comes up. I used to work at a place that sold lotto and you could change the amount from say, $10, $20, $50, $100, ect.
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

One time this guy handed my CW a ton of powerpall slips and walked away. Now this is why I don't do ANYTHING on the lottery machine if you walk away.

They came out to 400 dollars.

He didn't want them. We spent a ton of time on the lottery hotline trying to convince them to give us credit for them and actually managed to get them cancelled.

Also our machine has a mandatory "ask" box that will come up if the price is over 20 dollars on any given ticket. "Price is XX amount, is this okay?" And somewhere around 100 you have to type in a security code. I ask "It will be XX, is that okay?" and if they say no then no.

Anyone who walks away from the lottery machine doesn't get their lottery tickets printed until they come back.

Comment

Working...
            X