This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Job Being Discreet

One Christmas season, my mom was visiting my sister in the hospital, so my dad decided that the two of us should visit his mother on Christmas Day. During the hour drive to her farm, we don't see a single tractor-trailer truck.

On the way back home, we see one tractor-trailer truck. It had been pulled over by the police. The next day, the news reported about that truck. It was hauling marijuana and sweet potatoes.

Apparently, these people thought the best way to haul contraband is to drive the only big truck on the road.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

"oops" is too short for a reply, so imagine me shaking my head sadly and saying...

Oops!

Comment

they were probably partaking of their merchandise (and I don't mean the sweet potatos )

Comment

SWEET POTATOES?! Those vile fiends!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
          Apparently, these people thought the best way to haul contraband is to drive the only big truck on the road.
          Whereas if they'd waited just one day, they would've been amongst dozens of others. Dumbasses.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Whereas if they'd waited just one day, they would've been amongst dozens of others. Dumbasses.
            Yeah, but they would have smoked all the weed and eaten all the sweet potatoes... raw!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              SWEET POTATOES?! Those vile fiends!
              You jest, but Sweet Potatoes (Ipomoea batatas) are often a gateway root that can consume people's lives. Although some can curb their incessant cravings at extremes like covering them with marshmallows or honey, or deep frying them, many soon find themselves delving into exotica such as dangmyeon or even Shōchū. While there is no known cure, and analysis of alternate treatments such as state-subsidized yams remains mixed, understanding the problem of SPA is half the battle.

Just say no.

Comment

Indeed. This sort of thing could even lead to people eating *actual* yams (the ones that grow on trees in hot climates). And from there, of course, they could wind up noshing on the really hardcore stuff, like bananas, oranges (damn rindheads, always causing trouble), and -- even worse -- plantains! O_O
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  I think they may have tried to avoid the weigh stations. You're right, they were dumb.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    You jest, but Sweet Potatoes (Ipomoea batatas) are often a gateway root that can consume people's lives. Although some can curb their incessant cravings at extremes like covering them with marshmallows or honey, or deep frying them, many soon find themselves delving into exotica such as dangmyeon or even Shōchū. While there is no known cure, and analysis of alternate treatments such as state-subsidized yams remains mixed, understanding the problem of SPA is half the battle.

Just say no.
                    Doctors blithely prescribing yams just adds to the problems. Addicts will just sell the yams so they can buy sweet potatoes. And then you get the issues with addicts leaving the peeling from root vegetables anywhere, where children can come across them...

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      I think they may have tried to avoid the weigh stations. You're right, they were dumb.
                      VERY dumb. At the border crossing I use most often, during the daytime there's a small chance of being X-rayed. Cross late on Sunday night and you WILL be X-rayed. If traffic volume is low enough that they have the capacity to X-ray everyone instead of a random selection, they WILL do so.

When there are hundreds of trucks going past, the "coops" will only give the "Park" light to those that are overweight, or for some other reason trigger their suspicion that they'll find some sort of violation - they don't have the resources to do more. If you're the only truck on the road, they have to justify their paycheques, so you're BEGGING for a Level 1.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I yam what I yam...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                        X