This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Heard It From One of My Customers

I work at the Big Yellow Price Tag and one of the phrases that blue shirts the world over often hear when an SC doesn't get their way is, "THIS IS WHY YOU'RE GOING OUT BUSINESS!"

In my case, it was because I was entering Home Theater to locate a tape measure so I could help a customer in car stereos measure off a speaker box. While searching for said tape measure, a customer who is sitting in a spot where no sales associate could reasonably expect to see him, asks if I'm there to help him.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm from another department and I'm looking for a tool."

He snarls the catchphrase of every SC that enters the walls of TBYPT.

I give him his hostility back. Apparently I found a "tool", just not a useful one.

"I'm TRYING to assist another customer!" was my rather sharp reply.

Rather than continue to deal with this lout, I go to the next department, find the tape measure, and proceed to help my original customer.

Yes, because I wouldn't blow off my previous customer and help Mister Sit-in-a-Hidey-Hole, my company is going out of business.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

The Yellow Price Tag in my town (and the GIANT YPT distribution center located here) seem to be doing just fine.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

We hear that all the time from people who don't like our advertising rates or the paper's editorial policy. If you do or say anything to make them happy, though (aka give them what they want), then suddenly we're the greatest company that ever existed.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Here's what kills me. He was expecting help... BUT SITTING WHERE NOBODY COULD SEE HIM!
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
          Here's what kills me. He was expecting help... BUT SITTING WHERE NOBODY COULD SEE HIM!
          In that case, I'm surprised he didn't shoot up a flare.

Guarantee you that would have gotten him the attention . . .just not the kind he expected, though.

But those shiny silver bracelets might be rather becoming on him . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Someone pulled something like that on me once. I got paged to a certain aisle to assist a customer. I went straight over there, but there was no one there. I waited a couple minutes for someone to show up, and left when no one did.

A few minutes after that, some customer came up to me and started yelling at me because he had asked for help and no one showed up. I told him, "I'm sorry, I went over there, and no one was there. What do you need help with." He just told me to forget it and stormed away.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

That's happened to me too. At the Drug Store From Hell, I was ringing up guests at the camera counter. One fellow was standing behind a six foot tall display of flags. I didn't even know he was there until the line died down, he finally stepped out, and snarled at me for not helping him. Look asshole, I'm at the job to serve customers, not play Hide And Seek (or Spot The Looney, as the case may be! )

But seriously, you want help, step out where you can be seen and either ask someone who isn't already helping someone else, or wait your turn, like we all learned to do in kindergarten.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X