This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did this to make a point!

A while back we had a sale on a specific category of item, however only 5 of the 6 items were on sale, which the sale flyer and signs indicated.

Anyway, SC come up, clearly in a bad mood.
    SC: Excuse me.
    M: How can I help you?
    SC: Are all <items> on sale.
    M: The only one excluded is <item X>
    SC: That what I thought. You know last time it was on sale the same thing happened. It really is a disservice to the customers who EXPECT to be able to purchase the items that SHOULD be on SALE!
    M: I'm sorry about that, but unfortunately we have no control of sales at the store level. I would suggest you contact the corporate office to let them know you would like to see <item X>on sale.
    SC: Well, I did last time and they said they would consider it in the future. Now I want YOU to consider that and give it to me for the sale price.
    M: Let me check whit my manager first.
    SC: *sighs*

I call SM and explain the situation and they agree to gov the SC one of said item for th sale price.

M: Alright, Sir I spoke with the SM and we will give it to you for the sale price.
    SC: Never mind!
    M: ....
    SC: I did this to make a point! No CUSTOMER should have to go thru such an aggravating process to get something on sale that isn't on sale that should be on sale! By the way, you can tell al the "managers" that I'm never shopping here again!

The SC stomps off.

Two days later, I see the SC in the store near the offending items.

M: Can I help you sir?
    SC: *mumbles* no, I'm fine!
    M: Ok. Let me know if you have any questions.

The SC wanders off. A while alter I see said SC at the check out, with about a half dozen of the ACTUAL sale items in his cart.

I would have talked back by saying, "M'am you're not my supervisor, and this store, like all stores, does not give customers authoritive power over HR and management's rules. So I'm not taking your point into consideration..."

Comment

He wanted it to be on sale & when he got his way he didn't want it? My brain-to-mouth filter would have failed me on that one...lol.

Comment

Wow. Next time this SC tries to "make a point" I would go all robot and just keep repeating that I have no control over what's on sale. He sure doesn't deserve any extra help in the future.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          Wow. Next time this SC tries to "make a point" I would go all robot and just keep repeating that I have no control over what's on sale. He sure doesn't deserve any extra help in the future.
          He's welcome to make all the points he wants, however I've noticed that when we have sales (every Wed. we have a new ad, as typical for grocery stores) if we have a particular line of products on sale, they'll all have the same price point (ie, the regular price is the same on those varieties.)

If y isn't included with the x products sale, it's probably because y has a different higher price point than the x products from the same group. So if I have a customer inquiring about why y isn't on sale with x, I'll explain that it's only those items in that line that are of the x price point, not y.

Sometimes a little clarity can go a long way, other times not. But still worth a shot anyways.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I've had a few of these. They're welcome to make as many "points" as they want, now the level of fucks that I give? Zero.

Comment

I do not get the attitude that any item "should" be on sale. Why? Because that's what some customer wants? Duh, so what? If it were up to the average customer, everything would be free.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                It really is a disservice to the customers who EXPECT to be able to purchase the items that SHOULD be on SALE!

I did this to make a point! No CUSTOMER should have to go thru such an aggravating process to get something on sale that isn't on sale that should be on sale!
                Listen, pal. A lot of things in life that should be a certain way aren't.

Children should be able to live their lives without fear of being molested by loved ones or authority figures.

People should be able to go to the mall, church, or theater without worrying about getting shot by the latest lunatic with mental issues.

People in love should be able to get married without having to jump through hoops created by government.

Ferraris and puppies should be free to anyone who wants them.

And I should be getting blown by Keira Knightley on a regular basis.

All of these things should be. But....they aren't. So suck it up, put on your big boy pants, grow a pair, and stop throwing a tantrum every time something in the real world doesn't fit with the way you think it should be.

And by the way, when you make a threat that you are never going to shop somewhere, you should back that threat up with your actions. Clearly both of us have been disappointed with how things actually turned out.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Typical SC logic...

Why are these things on sale! These things suck, nobody wants these things so why the F*** are THEY on sale?

These *wildly_popular_item_store_can't_keep_on_shelf* should be on sale! Everybody loves THESE THINGS! You're doing a DISSERVICE to your CUSTOMERS by not putting these on sale!
                  You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Listen, pal. A lot of things in life that should be a certain way aren't.

Couldn't have said it any better! This entire thing should be said to the next whiny customer, ESPECIALLY the part about Keira Knightley. Made me laugh my ass off!!!
                    Last edited by MadMike; 07-29-2013, 10:56 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the whole damn post!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                      Couldn't have said it any better! This entire thing should be said to the next whiny customer, ESPECIALLY the part about Keira Knightley. Made me laugh my ass off!!!
                      I wasn't joking about the Keira Knightley part...

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        I wasn't joking about the Keira Knightley part...
                        Well, I have to call bullshit on that. Keira Knightley should not be blowing you on a regular basis.

She should be blowing me.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

With everything else being equal (and we could both argue that it isn't), when it comes down to it, where do you think a celebrity megababe would rather be regularly blowing someone: northern Virginia, or a world famous tropical island resort?

In my hammock chair, I rest my case.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            With everything else being equal (and we could both argue that it isn't), when it comes down to it, where do you think a celebrity megababe would rather be regularly blowing someone: northern Virginia, or a world famous tropical island resort?

In my hammock chair, I rest my case.
                            Let's agree to disagree, you bastard.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X