This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting at Chinese food kiosk

I was in line at a Chinese food kiosk at the Eaton Centre's Urban Eatery, when I decided on the Dim Sum platter (2 shrimp dumplings called har gows, 2 pork dumplings called siu mais, 2 other dumplings, a BBQ beef bun and a sesame seed bun) for $9.50. Somewhere below that choice was the 8-piece dim sum for $9.75.

So when I decided to order, I was directed to the cash register instead (I was at the counter with the steamed food), so I lined up there.

When I ordered the Dim Sum platter, the lady taking my order found that they had no sesame seed buns. I said fine, and let's have another BBQ pork bun, erroneously believing that the substitution would be free.

WRONG!

I was charged $9.75 for the 8-piece dim sum instead of the Dim Sum platter that I wanted. I just went all out on them (the lady, mostly), pointing out what the menu said, and stating what I had ordered. I should have realized that, and accepted the price, but I also think that the lady should have confirmed that I would be changing my order if I substituted!

Finally a young man said something to her (I think he was the manager) that made her change the price, to my relief.

I think next time I should check to see what food they had, since it was all out in the open, and just order the 8-piece dim sum instead. 25 cents is just not worth it.

To the lady that took my order, I humbly apologize!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Maybe instead of apologizing on here, you should go back and apologize to her in person.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      Maybe instead of apologizing on here, you should go back and apologize to her in person.
      Yes, but it's not every day I go to the Eaton Centre.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Maybe you could see if they have a website and email addy that you could send an apology too?
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I sent them the email, with this message but changed to include the location and name of the kiosk.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
          X