This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Show Host Kidd Kraddick Dies at Age 53

Radio Show Host Kidd Kraddick passed away on the 27th. I know seeing as he's a radio show host, many CS members, especially those outside the US, have probably never heard of the guy. But I figured I'd honor him anyway, given that my family has listened to him for over 20 years.

He's really big here in North Texas, there's hardly anyone down here who's never heard of the guy. His morning show was what my alarm was set to for every school day. Mornings are definitely going to be different without his voice shaking me out of my groggy, zombie-like self.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Kidd-...217263631.html

He was the founder of a charity called Kidd's Kids. They raised money for terminally/ chronically ill children and their families for an all expense paid trip to Disney world. He was at a golf tournament raising money for it when he died.

But creepiest of all? Not two weeks before, they did a segment on the show of what each cast member would say to each other on their death beds. Each one (There were five, one for each cast member) was uploaded to Youtube and taken down as soon as the news started circulating. Creepy.

Said account is here in case you want to look at his videos. I've been doing so for the past few hours...

Rest In Peace, Kidd. You'll be greatly missed.
    Last edited by Eevie; 07-28-2013, 09:47 PM.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Just so sad

Comment

I know. My family, especially my father who's listened since he was 15, we're all still in shock. I'm really worried about Kelly and J-Si, seeing as they have young children to take care of.... I wonder what will happen to the show... If anything, pretty much all the cast members have made a name for themselves by now, so if they decide to get rid of the show, I'm sure somebody will pick them up. But still...
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I mostly listened to Walton & Johnson back home, but I listened to Kid at times, too. May he Rest in Peace.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sorry for the loss but can't say I listened to him much. Hope his cohosts do well after this.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'd never heard of him, but my friend who's from the DFW area mentioned it in surprise when it came across the newsfeed Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
            X