This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dear Customer...

I was so moved by the eloquence and class that you displayed tonight when you called me at my tech support job that I feel I just have to write you this letter.

First of all, let me reiterate once more how terribly sorry I am for all the horrible trials that you have been through as a much maligned customer of our unworthy satellite tv company. How awful it must have been for you to have to call us THREE times in a two month period! I understand the time you used to call us took you away from much more worthwhile tasks; if it hadn't been for our stunning incompetence I'm sure you would have had time to end global warming and engineer world peace while you were at it.

Also, I must take the time to apologize for my careless and uneducated assumption that the power surge you experienced directly before you lost the information on your guide channel had anything at all to do with your technical issues. I suppose I was looking at the scenario with what I foolishly call 'logic', wherein there is a 'cause' (your power surge) and then an 'effect' (loss of info in your guide). Clearly, I should have accepted your word that it was "just a tiny little surge that didn't do anything!" (except cause all your clocks to reset) and accepted that it was just our awful equipment that caused all your woes and your glads to turn to sads. I will now hang my head in shame at my presumption.

And please let me hasten to assure you that I do understand the great sacrifice you made in pressing the tiny red button on your receiver and how it stole an entire five minutes of your life while it finished resetting. No words can ever make it right, or give you back that precious gift of time wasted. And the vile disappointment when your guide was not instantly restored! It was with the deepest regret that I was forced to inform you that you may have to wait a full hour for this evening's programming titles to show up, and possibly...oh how can I even write the words - a full 12 to 24 hours for the next ten days of programming to load! A greater scoundrel has never walked this earth then me.

You made it very clear that the possibility of your tv shows not recording tomorrow would be a pain far too great to bear. Alas, it is not in my power to do more as I am a lowly minion. Otherwise, do believe, dear customer, that a chartered helicopter bearing a new receiver and a Mission Impossible style technician rappelling down the ladder to prevent another second of inconvenience to such a uncomplaining martyr as yourself would have been dispatched immediately and your sufferings would be at an end.

In closing, again I tender my most sincere apologies and deepest sorrow that my service to you these evening was so lacking.

Sincerely,

My Middle Finger

How did the Phantom put it...? Oh yes:

"Bravi, Bravi, Bravissimi"

trans: Awesome ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"And the vile disappointment when your guide was not instantly restored! "

I smell a 'false hope' lawsuit!

Nicely written mg5. The sarc just oozes off the screen. And the close caps it off perfectly.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        "Bravi, Bravi, Bravissimi"
        Wait, I could've sworn it was "brava, brava, bravissima".
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

It may depend on version/country; I'm used to the original London Cast of Phantom.

I have but five or so non-pasta-related Italian words in my vocabulary... I would guess that "brava" is meant to be feminine form, and "bravi" is specifically diminutive??? either that, or simply the Phantom using an incorrect or archaic form of the word "bravo" -- I've not been able to find anything online that addresses "bravi" itself. As the "addressee" is Christine, either one would seem to make sense, moreso the latter (she is a young character (she is referred to as an ingenue by Carlotta), and the Phantom sees her as his student/subordinate/child (and more, but that's getting into creepy territory)). Can anyone who actually speaks the language help me out here?

One of the things that really grinds my gears is when a production is taken up in a new area, and the new Director/etc feels the need to change things just "to put his stamp on it" ~_~ Lessee, a performance that has been selling out venues non-stop for over a decade...and they feel the need to "fix" it x.x
          Last edited by EricKei; 07-29-2013, 05:31 PM. Reason: One of those five words is "muffeletta"
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ok, so yeah, I looked it up. London version is bravi, over here its brava. I was like "wait, what?"

They must really like making peoples' heads explode.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post

Sincerely,

My Middle Finger
              You are my new hero!

Comment

Oh this makes me miss Dish Network....

NOT.

4 years of my life I will never get back.

And this was a common call and a common type of customer. Impatient and self-righteous.

Comment

Working...
                X