This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few from the past week

I manage a game store with an internet cafe. We sell board games, card games, miniatures, gundams, puzzles, ps3 games, dvds, you name it, we probably have it.

Me: Awesome game store manager
    SC: well, if you dont know this then GTFO

Suck the first

SC: Can I plug my phone in for 5 minutes to charge it? (gives total bs story about how his phone isnt working and he needs to call someone NOW!!!)
    Me: Sorry but the computers arent set up for that. Try the library, the computers there are free to use. (They are but how much do you think he would buy from this store if he was allowed to plug in the phone? a big fat 0)
    SC: I am telling my friends and we are never shopping here again.
    Me: *as if you ever shopped here in the first place* This is me not caring! (I work for Gord 2.0)
    SC: *stomps out*

Suck the 2nd

SC: Do you guys have internet here?
    Me: *looks pointedly at huge "internet cafe" sign* Nope, sorry we dont.
    SC: Oh, Sorry to bug you.
    Me: *ooh, a nice SC* Actually we do, was just pulling your leg.

Suck the 3rd

Me: Would you like a bag with that today?
    SC: If you dont mind.

If I did mind, I would not have asked you!

Suck the 4th

I am helping a customer and then come back to the cash register and what do I see? A person lying on the floor next to our computers. I approach him and it appears that he is sleeping. He is alive because I can see his chest moving up and down.

Me: Can I help you with something sir?
    SC: *in very groggy (in more ways than 1, he was very drunk) voice* I dropped a coin on the floor and was trying to get it.
    Me: Well, you cant lie on the floor.
    SC: *gets up and does what I like to call the DTES Dance* and walks towards the door shouting obscenities*
    Me: You are not welcome back!

*The DTES (or Downtown Eastside, the area where I live) Dance is what I call the hunched over shuffle that someone very high on drugs and drunk out of their mind does. Usually they are hunched over looking at the ground for crack that might have dropped out of (usually imaginary) drug dealer's pockets. The dance goes like this, one step forward, two steps back, one step sideways, 2 steps forward, 1 step sideways, repeat as many times as necessary.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
    SC: I am telling my friends and we are never shopping here again.
    Me: *as if you ever shopped here in the first place* This is me not caring! (I work for Gord 2.0)
    We also would have accepted "How can you shop here 'again' if you never spent any money to begin with?"
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post

Me: Would you like a bag with that today?
      SC: If you dont mind.
      All the times a SC had said that to me, they were being sarcastic. As if I could read their minds. I absolutely hated that. Not everyone wants a bag and that's why we ask.

Comment

Working...
      X