This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Cowboy, get off your high horse!

I'm waiting for my last check in at midnight, which always annoys me a little bit because check in is at 2 pm, not midnight. I understand flights and schedules and bla bla bla, but nearly half the late check ins expect the maintenance man, and housekeeping staff to have waited for them when they don't like their room or have a problem with it. And no, they've already left the building. It's freaking MIDNIGHT. They just don't get it.
    This cowboy didn't have an issue with his room, Thank goodness, because I can only imagine what he would've complained about. So he's a middle aged man with a big beer gut, wearing a tight cowboy outfit. Ugh. 10 gallon hat and everything. I've seen cowboy outfit wearing people check in before, and they were always nice. Not this guy. Time for dialogue format!

Me: Hello can I help you?
    Cowboy: *sarcastically* Well....I THINK I want a room!

Note that he said it in a way that I should've assumed that he wanted a room. He was in a hotel after all! Silly me!

Me: Do you have a reservation?
    Cowboy: Yeah, the name's Ablallaaljkwed. <---mumbled, garbled name

It sounded like my last check in, so I pulled it up.

Me: ID and credit card please.
    Cowboy: *grumbles about having to dig it out of his skin tight jeans* Why do you want that, you think I'm LYING about who I am?
    Me: *tight smile*

Finally he pulled it out (it took like 10 minutes) and I checked him in. Everything was going well after that, I got him to sign the reg card at the right spot, a feat for most sleepy late checkins. He signed it with a flourish. Then I wished him a good night (the signal to go away) and he wasn't through.

Cowboy: *Speaking very slowly as if to someone very slow* Do you think you could arrange a taxi for me at seven? Do you THINK you COULD do that?
    Me: *matching tone* Sure I do it all the TIME. It's no problem for ME. Would you like one?
    Cowboy: *Scoffs and leaves, sneering*

I make the taxi appointment. I hope they give him the rudest cabbie that drives him everywhere exept where he wants to go. I tell the morning shift next morning to watch out for the rude cowboy and they roll their eyes as if to say, "oh no not another one" They probably get them all the time the poor dears.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

It would've been hard for me to resist saying

"Screw you and the horse that refused to let you ride in on!"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Since he refused to confirm, I would not have made him a taxi reservation....though then the morning crew would have to deal with his rude ass.

Comment

Arrrgghhhh, Rude Wannabe Cowboy is exactly the type of customer I hate the most. I'll take the impatient, the elderly, and the just plain stupid (I'll complain about all of them, but I'll take them). It's the condescending, sneering, 'I'm going out of my way to belittle you' assholes that keep me up at night concocting revenge scenarios.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that horrible ass. At least he has to live with himself, whereas you only had to talk to him for a minute.

Comment

Working...
        X