This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid neighbour and the spca.

Well. Today I came home to the second SPCA notice on my door.

BG: after the wife and I split I moved into mom and dads with my pups. As finding a place to rent with two big dogs is impossible here.

The first one was a month ago. My dogs had dug under the fence and got off "neighbour reported two vicious dogs loose in the neighbourhood".
    Now. These guys are intimidating to look at. Bones is a 100 lb Shepard/pit bull and Keibler is his 80 lb sister. She's also hyper as all hell. Now. When they got out of the back yard they went to the front door and sat on the step waiting for me to get home. I guess the SPCA lady came and put them in the back yard. In her words "they were lovely. Barked once when I entered the property then sat pretty. Followed me to the gate and happily went into the yard". I figured the neighbour got spooked by their size and this where the vicious came from. No harm. No foul. Now I have them on 20' lines in the back yard. No more escaping. I also built them a temporary shelter for some shade.

In this shelter I have a 5 gallon bucket of food. And one of water that I change before I go anywhere and when I get back. My dogs used to bark. I fixed that. As far as most people are concerned they're very happy pups. Several people even bring them treats while I'm at work.

Today I come home to another notice "dogs left deprived of food and water"

When I called the number to ask what was up. I got the story "a neighbour called to inform us that you leave them out for days with no food or water". Now I gotta wait for a call back. Meet with them tomorrow and I can't leave the house cause if I put them out and they get a call again they have to take them.

Ugh. I don't get it. I mean I got home and both buckets were FULL. The water was still cold. I'm pretty choked.

In other words, a neighbor (probably the one from before) just didn't bother to look to see the food/water (wasn't visible from their window), and wanted to start some shit, not really caring about any potential problems this could cause for the dogs - just as long as it inconveniences YOU, they're happy.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Funny thing. If its who I think it is they have a beagle that's constantly howling at all times of the night and early morning lol. So I dunno. I'll never find out who. But it does suck a bit.

Comment

It does sound as if somebody (whether the same neighbour or a different one) might be, as you said, "intimidated" by the dogs' size and is hoping to get them out of the neighbourhood by whatever method works. I'm sorry to hear about this. Hope you can get things straightened out.

Incidentally, wouldn't the SPCA have sent somebody to check the place out? Just asking; I'm a longtime cat person so have never had problems with this sort of thing. (Luckily the cats haven't yet figured out how to use the phone. )

Comment

They stopped by but won't go into the yard. I dunno. No call back. Still stressed

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
            They stopped by but won't go into the yard. I dunno. No call back. Still stressed
            It sounds like they're not too worried about the pups then.

Good Luck with it all.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              (Luckily the cats haven't yet figured out how to use the phone. )
              Funny you should mention this. My mom the hoarder had the police walking around her house one night shining flashlights in the windows and whatnot. Scared the bejezus out of her. Turns out one of her cats managed to jump on the phone just right, and it called 911.

She was the most upset because they said her house full'o trash looked abandoned.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I had something similar happen to me when I first moved into my house.

I have two cats, Loki and Horus, both rescues from the OHS(Ottawa Humane society), and they are pretty spoiled(according to everybody in my family).

Cantankerous old battleaxe with the little barking asshole of a dog, kept calling the humane society, the cops, even the city by-law office, cause 'she thinks cats are vicious'. It took the bylaw office telling her that they had no evidence, and if she kept calling, they would charge HER!
                Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Yeah. Just had her meet the pups and walk though the yard. She said its fine. Especially since its a temporary setup.

Once I move they'll have their 10x10 tarped in kennel and longer leads. So then I can call her and they'll tell ppl to piss off. All in all she was really happy with how they have it lol.

Comment

Yay I am happy that the SPCA rep is pleased with the temp set up you have your pups. Hopefully no one else will bug you or them now.
                    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Yeah. Only shitty thing is cause it's not an enclosed dog house. I can't leave them outside while I work anymore. So they'll be stuck in the house for 12 hours by themselves for the next 3 nights. Poor pups.

SPCA lady says since its technically not an adequate shelter. But she gets the circumstances, I can't leave them unattended outside since they technically have to respond to the call until I move and they see the setup at my new place.

Comment

Working...
                      X