This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally get angry with a customer.

With my job, I can get mad at all the SCs I like but with the actual customers, I am encouraged to be nice, sometimes to the point of madness on my part.

I manage a game store with an internet cafe attached. Tonight I was closing up and there was this one guy left on the computers playing LoL (or League of Legends, an online free to play game). I turn off most of the lights and tell him that the game he is in the middle of is his last game and that we are closing. He tells me that he understands and I go back to my closing up procedures. 10 mins later, I come back and what do I see? Him starting a brand new game. I got very pissed off at this point but did not yell at the customer, I went to the program that governs the internet usage, pulled up his internet account, and reduced the time he had left to 1 min. Sure enough, 1 min later he comes up to me livid. "I just ran out of time!!! You said I could finish the game! Just give me a few more minutes!" Me, I replied "BULLSHIT! I saw you just start a new game, Get the FUCK out of here!". He left with promises never to come back.

I replaced the time I removed from his account because I know he will be back tomorrow.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

LOL I used to work for the company that makes the Magic cards when they had a retail operation. We had a guy who would come in all the time and do something similar so we resolved the issue. He *LOVED* to play Unreal Tournament, and he *LOVED* capture the flag. So I'd set up with my sniper rifle and hunt him. The best was on the maps where I knew all the spawn points.

One night about 20 minutes before closing I logged in and it was just, headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot, most of the times he wasn't even fully respawned before he was dead. 2 minutes later he jumps up swearing, slams down the headset and storms out of the shop, yelling "F*** you guys!"

Needless to say, we were out on time that night for once. Haha

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
      headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot,
      Gold.

And VERY clever, Sandiercy. Glad you called him out.

Comment

As an avid LoL player I have to say this: Joining a game when you know you don't have time to finish it is a major no-no. They have a system that tracks how often you leave/afk/stop doing anything useful, and if you exceed the predetermined threshold you get punished. Could just be an email that says "Hey, stop leaving games", could be a day or 3 suspension. For me, I hope that guy got suspended for a day because of it. His idiocy needs to cost him.

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
          As an avid LoL player I have to say this: Joining a game when you know you don't have time to finish it is a major no-no. They have a system that tracks how often you leave/afk/stop doing anything useful, and if you exceed the predetermined threshold you get punished. Could just be an email that says "Hey, stop leaving games", could be a day or 3 suspension. For me, I hope that guy got suspended for a day because of it. His idiocy needs to cost him.
          I am a WoW (World of Warcraft) player, and if you leave a battleground or dungeon before its over, the game will penalize you with a 15 minute deserter penalty.
          As for the LoL player, he got exactly what was coming to him. Never mind that you are closed and have your closing duties to do and that you want to go home and relax after a hard days work. Just so long as he gets to play his game on your free Wifi. Now had it been me, I would've told him he has exactly 1 minute to get out of the store before I call the police. Yeah, as some customers put it, I can be a hard ass, especially if you piss me off

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
            LOL I used to work for the company that makes the Magic cards when they had a retail operation.
            My ex-boyfriend would LOVE to hear that. (Big magic player. Absolute warhammer geek too )
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Heh that's where I started my 40k addiction actually... Magic is still fun, but I miss the good old days where I got $300 worth of free product every quarter.

Comment

I would assume that the computers are connected to a router of some sort, probably multiple routers. Can't you get into them and set permissions so that access is cut off at the set time?

Comment

Working...
                X