This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature help

I could use some help in choosing my new signature. Each of these is a quote from one of Shakespeare's plays that I feel in some ways either describes a customer, or situation involving a customer.

Which do you think is best?

SC
    He's a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of...
    8.00%
    The tartness of his face sours ripe grapes, when he walks he moves like an engine and the ground...
    12.00%
    O, were mine eye bans into bullets turned, that in a rage I might shoot them at your faces
    16.00%
    What a fool art thou, a rampaging fool, to brag and stamp and swear
    20.00%
    Four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one
    36.00%
    Foul spoken coward, that thund'rest with thy tongue, and with thy weapon nothing dares perform
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

"...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

For reference the first two quotes were too long for the poll.

The complete quotes are:

#1: He's a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of not one good quality

#2: The tartness of his face sours ripe grapes, when he walks he moves like an engine and the ground shrinks before his treading

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

"What a fool art thou" - which play is that from?
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I hit Tartness (wonderful description of a CBF) and What a Fool (SC tantrums). Both work quite well, methinks ^_^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I like both the 'tartness' one and the 'four of five wits' one the best.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I'm torn 'twixt three and five.
            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

"Tartness" for pretty much the same reason as EricK. And am now off to read 'Coriolanus' for the first time!

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                "What a fool art thou" - which play is that from?
                King John

ErikKei: That is precisely why I picked them.

Draper Mel: You CAN pick both!

SC

Comment

Just an FYI, Poll closes 8/17, so you still have a couple of days to vote.

Right now #5 has a pretty good lead, if you like a different one, now's the time.

SC

Comment

Working...
                  X