This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man 1, Bank 0

If this is true, it's great. A Russian man rewrote the terms of on an unsolicited credit card application and sent it back. The bank signed it ... without noticing the changes.

I'm not a lawyer, but from what i know of contract law, the man created a valid contract, so the bank owes him the cancellation fee.

besides, a court has ALREADY ruled that the no-fee and 0% interest rate provisions are valid. ( and as a general rule, courts are a lot harsher on large companies not reading the terms of contracts correctly. Sp he's probably going to get his $727,000)

Comment

I had a woman at the store last week who didn't understand how Telecheck worked; I was 'default' keyholder/CSDH for an hour or so so got the fun of trying to explain. When she signed the slip that we keep in lieu of the actual check, she crossed off several items in the terms (I didn't see exactly what was crossed off, although she did X out the return-check fee which made me wonder) before giving it back.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Most banking contracts will include or reference a boilerplate clause stating that alterations are not valid, even in writing.

That said...

In Soviet Russia, credit card pay you.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          In Soviet Russia, credit card pay you.
          Darn you Rav! Almost coffee'd my nose.

Nice find Pix. I think we're all pulling for him.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            Most banking contracts will include or reference a boilerplate clause stating that alterations are not valid, even in writing.
            what happens if he removes that phrase and they sign it?
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
            X