This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder why he hung up on me?

Customer bought some high end headphones last year and was close to the end of his coverage, coincidentally his headphones just happened to break (in half).

We sell extended warranties on most of our items, this does not cover accidental damage or abuse.

Well, claim was denied (no surprise there) and he started calling any poor soul that could have been construed as having anything to do with the sale or denial of the claim. My poor co-worker happened to be the next victim of his phone tirade. To aid her obvious despair I took over the call and proceeded to the talk to the 'gentleman' on the other end.

I let him vent as he was entitled to do so as long as he wasn't being overly abusive,. Informed him about our policy, the booklet we give everyone explaining coverage and tried to give him an escalation number in the insurance department, he refused and said he was tired of calling more than 5 different numbers and not being helped.

I apologized and mentioned that not getting the answer he kept trying to get was not being unhelpful and we could probably prorate the remainder of the policy. guess that hit a cord, since the steam left and we shared a small sliver of calm and silence; before my line went completely dead.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

Jesus wept. I'm in a similar situation to that "wonderful" person: I bought a $500 tablet PC last year; the warranty ran out at the end of July. Guess what I did a few days before the warranty expired? Dropped it about 4 feet onto concrete... screen's toast.

Did I try to get it covered by the warranty? No. (Physical damage isn't covered anyway, but still.) Instead, I'm handling it in the manner that will get it covered: I bought the special extended warranty that, oh yeah, includes physical damage insurance. The cost is double the cost of just paying for a new screen, but considering I've already had to do two warranty returns on this thing...

(It's a good tablet, but I'm a bit rough on my hardware.)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
      Customer bought some high end headphones last year and was close to the end of his coverage, coincidentally his headphones just happened to break (in half).

We sell extended warranties on most of our items, this does not cover accidental damage or abuse.

Well, claim was denied (no surprise there) and he started calling any poor soul that could have been construed as having anything to do with the sale or denial of the claim. My poor co-worker happened to be the next victim of his phone tirade. To aid her obvious despair I took over the call and proceeded to the talk to the 'gentleman' on the other end.

I let him vent as he was entitled to do so as long as he wasn't being overly abusive,. Informed him about our policy, the booklet we give everyone explaining coverage and tried to give him an escalation number in the insurance department, he refused and said he was tired of calling more than 5 different numbers and not being helped.

I apologized and mentioned that not getting the answer he kept trying to get was not being unhelpful and we could probably prorate the remainder of the policy. guess that hit a cord, since the steam left and we shared a small sliver of calm and silence; before my line went completely dead.
      To be fair, if they were Beats headphones (only really high end in price) it's extremely likely they snapped in half with little pressure, those things are made to break.

Comment

Working...
      X