This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Sucky Sunday

I spent a week at the fabric store this afternoon, and came away with these stories.

First customer buys a length of fabric, a store gift card, and a restaurant's gift card (we sell gift cards for other places). Apparently the card was defective or something, because it said "Activation Denied" right after I pressed the button to finish the sale. I had to call the manager up to untangle it, and it took about half an hour to do so. This is not the customer's fault in any way, and she was very polite about it. But I do hate it when things don't work the way they're supposed to, and I especially hate to inconvenience good customers like that.

Next customer, has several returns on several receipts. First one went through fine. Second one had a length of fabric three yards, plus a remnant that didn't get rung through correctly the first time, had to be returned and rerung correctly the second time. Customer ended up returning the entire piece, and the register recorded the wrong part of the fabric as returned! My poor manager had to untangle that mess as well. She deserves a raise for that.

Later, another customer brought up several items to buy, including two candy bars. She wanted to use food stamps on the candy bars. In a fabric store. She did not get why a fabric store would not accept food stamps.

More returns, more sales that did not ring up, more crap. Finally, it's closing time! Or...not. Two stragglers are perusing the scrapbooking section, pointedly ignoring our store closing announcements. We've got shiploads of go-backs and cleaning to get done, and we can't do it with these two ambling about the store. They finally came up to the register at fifteen minutes after closing. I suppose I should be grateful they didn't take longer.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

What is is with today?? It was like Christmas in my store. I was beside myself. And I had a misunderstanding in the cafe that was solved by my letting the lady have free food. That was totally fine; we can do that. But I felt bad that she felt bad that I didn't understand what substitution she wanted to make, and couldn't correct it without a receipt. (It only prints receipts on request, and if I get logged out, which I did while getting her order, I can't retrieve it.) I already felt bad that she felt bad when a customer left the line with "Why does this always happen when I'm here?"--or some similar comment. In fact, half the line walked away. But that was a relief, actually. Anyway, I'm rambling. It just sucked all afternoon.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At least you had a polite customer with that snafu. I always feel crappy when something goes wrong and I have to make the customer wait. For instance, if a customer pays with a gift card and it won't read the strip, we have to type the numbers in but a CSM has to come up and override it which can take some time.
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
        At least you had a polite customer with that snafu.
        Oddly, it's almost worse when the customer is polite, because I feel bad for making a nice person wait a long time or have to unravel a lot of technical problems. Nice people don't deserve to have to wait or jump through hoops.

On the other hand, knowing that they don't blame you for the problem and aren't going to take it out on you does help.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X