Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'know, I think this may explain a few things.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'know, I think this may explain a few things.

So, a thread in SC about a infant falling on their head and a recent medical i had that caused me to go over all the head injuries I've had in my life, made me realise that maybe, just maybe, they were at fault for the headaches I commonly get and my memory problems that I have, so I thought I'd post for the amusement of CS so you guys know just what a hard life my skull has been through

Incident the First

This happened when I was about 3-4 years old.

Imagine the scene, you are a Nursery/Kindergarten teacher, it's photo day, all the class is together, except for one, who at this moment just so happens to be at the top of the big slide, what do you do

A. Walk over to them and tell them to come down
    B. Gently speak to them, getting their attention without them falling, or,
    C. Shout and scream at them to get down, startling them that much that they slip and fall (the height of their head being about 8 feet from the ground) and land head first onto a hard linoleum floor

You have two guesses and the first one doesn't count! Result for me? Fractured Skull.

Incident the Second

I was about 10-11 this time, was my birthday, so with a group of kids my age was going to the park we have to climb over a fence to get there, and one of the little shits (I don't know for sure who, but I have my suspicions), pushes me, causing me to land on the back of my head (which, has never been able to take any sort of hit at all since I fractured my skull) Result? Feeling sick and confined in bed all day, additionally, of the about dozen kids that was there (at my house, my birthday party kinda went on without me), only one of them was decent enough to stay with me instead of joining the rest of them, but of course, they were the only people who got to share in my birthday chocolate!

Incident the Third

I was about 12 this time, me, my best friend and my mum were walking down a road, I had a toy car with me but I'd left it on a wall, so i ran to get it and ran back, as i was running back, I tripped and fell, landing on the car, with my forehead, the spoiler ont he back of the toy car (was one of These ) Result? Massive cut to my forehead, resulting in a scar that looked like Harry Potters (and how i would loathe that book series, scar on my forehead plus brown hair plus glasses equal no end of the amount of ribbing I'd get) Oddly enough, there was an accident already happened across the road and so fire crews and an ambulance was there, my friend who was with me, fainted at the sight of blood on me so got whisked away in an ambulance first, so i got to sit in the fire engine while I waited for my ambulance, I got stuck with a big gauze pad taped to my forehead, so big infact it stuck up quite far and earned me the name Hiawatha by the staff at the hospital.

Incident the Fourth

This happened while I was about 14- 15

Some guys tried to steal my bike from me, but I was having none of it, so one of them punched me so hard in the side of my face, that the side of my jaw opposite to where I had gotten punched broketo this day my teeth are slightly out of alignment and my jaw clicks now and then.

Incident the Fifth

Again, while I was about 15

Running across the road, a woman driver, who was speeding, hit me on my left side, sending me flying up into the air (whereupon I not only experienced slow motion, but also oddly had the thought of Command & Conquer (a videogame) on my mind while I was coming down) Whereupon I proceeded to land directly, with all my body weight, on my chin (I dodged death twice then, once where landing on my chin could have broken my neck and once where I was mere inches away from literally being wrapped around a lamp post, which would have no doubt broken my back) Result: The kiss with the pavement tore up the area unerneath my chin, lot of scarring there, Oddly enough, the side of my body that got hit by the car, had no damage, so I was able to get up, grab my sneaker (which had gotten knocked off despite being securely fastened) and ran home, the woman who hit me drove off but later came back saying she had to look for a parking spot (who the hell does that!)

Incident the Sixth

Again, when I was about 15 (Not a good year for my skull)

Playing in the park, ran in front of a friend who was swinging an empty swing (if you throw it hard enough it swings around the frame) I ran in front of the swing just as he threw it, heavy rubber and steel swing, right to the face. Result? Bad concussion (I fell asleep and every couple of minutes I'd wake up and ask the same question over and over) Result? No long term effects other than 3 days of Amnesia (can't remember anything AT ALL since 3 days before the accident), as an aside, amnesia is utterly frustrating to get, it's so frustrating to despite knowing what happened during those missing days (because of people telling you what happened) not be able to recall anything whatsoever about those 3 days at all!

Incident (almost) The Seventh

This accident was a narrow escape from my head being injured (again!)

I was about 19 when this happened, on my motorbike at a nice rest spot, at the top of the hill, opposite a pub, now, this hill was part of an area that had a speed limit of 60MPH, so cars come flying over it, so when starting from a standstill, you really have to accelerate fast to avoid bcoming splattered, which, I managed to do, only problem? Some fucker coming from the pub didn't look before they pulled out, result? Hit the rear tire of the car at 60MPH, sailed over the trunk of the car after smashing my man bits into my fuel tank (which is the worst injury out of the accident) landing on my back (that hurt a bit) and sliding down the road at at least 50mph (which, once you get over the shock of it, is actually quite fun!) Luckily I was wearing (as i did anytime i went out) my full helmet and biker leathers, so no road rash for me. Oddly enough, again, the vehicle RIGHT behind the one that pulled out on me? Fire Engine, so I got to sit in there waiting for the ambulance, looking forlornly at my totaled bike. It could have been so much worse though as, even with my helmet on, if he hadn't pulled out quite as much as he did, my head would have been saying hello to the rear passenger window.

And so ends the tale of the ordeals my skull has had to go through! Is it any wonder I get my headaches and have my bad memory! These are just the major incidents involving my head that I can recall!
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.
Working...
X