This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying students...

So I've taken a part time job working in the schools computer lab while going to school....pretty easy and I call it my 5 hour paid study hall since I work on most of my homework during that time...

Anyway the other night I'm working and this jerk saunters up to the counter and just says "give me a scrap piece of paper"

once given, procedes to rip it in half and walk away...co worker mutters you're welcome.

few minutes later, walks back up says "give me a pen"...again co worker mutters you're welcome....and I snort and giggle....guy looks confused and walks away.

another minute or so passes he walks back up without a word slams the pen on the counter and walks away again, co worker again says just a little louder..."You're welcome!"
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

"You did not use the magic word."
    "What is the 'magic word', Doctor Venkman?"
    "Please!"

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
      "Please!"
      "Ah-ah-ah! You didn't use the magic word! Ah-ah-ah! Ah-ah-ah!"
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

lol. You could have looked at him and said "Whats the magic word?" with a grin. Most people would laugh and automatically say "please".

Comment

When people acted like this to me, I'd fix them with the Retail Stare, and say, "I know your mother taught you to be more polite than that." Bonus points if their mother was there with them.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            "Ah-ah-ah! You didn't use the magic word! Ah-ah-ah! Ah-ah-ah!"
            "I hate this hacker crap...!"

Coincidentally, I just watched the movie again yesterday.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
              "Please!"
              I wish there was a "like" function for the posts, because I'd give you 10 for that.
              "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

I just *love* a good Ghostbuster's reference. That it's *also* a Jurassic Park ref too is just gravy....

Comment

Working...
                X