Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th Guest/11th Hour fans to me! Please?

So...Trilobyte Games, the creators of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour, is holding a contest in celebration of the fact that they're finally making the third game in the series. In this contest, there is a series of 9 puzzles that they are releasing on an every-other-day schedule. These puzzles are spread out through Trilobyte's FB page, their official website, the FB pages for T7G and 11th Hour, and a few other places (Twitter, Google+, etc).

At the moment, I have puzzles 1, 2, and 7 completed. Puzzles 3 and 6 are almost done, and I'm completely stumped on 4 and 5. Of course, being that this is all about the new game, the puzzles all tie into the two previous games somehow. For example, puzzles 3 and 6 are crosswords that take their clues from T7G and 11th Hour respectively, and the answers to puzzles 1 and 7 were direct quotes from T7G.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: ?
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

would love too if someone would provide some links
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Sorry about that. I knew I was forgetting something.

https://www.facebook.com/trilobytegames
      http://www.trilobytegames.com/vip_fan_club.html Puzzle 3 (The only ones I have left to solve are 2 down and 3 across)
      http://www.trilobytegames.com/sharess/index.html Puzzle 4
      https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0...ery_clue05.jpg Puzzle 5 (I've unscrambled the words, found which letters I need, but that's as far as I've gotten)
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I've only played 7th guest not the 11th hour, I remember in the nursery it showed a doll covering the mouth of a baby so 6 down is probably doll.
        Hamilton used to be a magician and illusionist fits
        9 across, 6 guests die, so my guess is "guests" which fits with the s from illusionist
        wiki searching turns up julia being a drunk
        10 is probably edward as he teams up with Martine Burden instead of his wife
        the rest no idea

puzzle 4 I have no idea but looking at other puzzles they put up it is the same kind as puzzles 2 and 8 how did you solve those. I mean I have no idea how this kind of puzzle works.
        puzzle 5:
        if you've already unscrambled the words what are the letters?

the phrase looks like it starts with :you can't give up be

Comment

now you've got me going on this. I managed to track down the 8 clues.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
            I've only played 7th guest not the 11th hour, I remember in the nursery it showed a doll covering the mouth of a baby so 6 down is probably doll.
            Hamilton used to be a magician and illusionist fits
            9 across, 6 guests die, so my guess is "guests" which fits with the s from illusionist
            wiki searching turns up julia being a drunk
            10 is probably edward as he teams up with Martine Burden instead of his wife
            the rest no idea

puzzle 4 I have no idea but looking at other puzzles they put up it is the same kind as puzzles 2 and 8 how did you solve those. I mean I have no idea how this kind of puzzle works.
            puzzle 5:
            if you've already unscrambled the words what are the letters?

the phrase looks like it starts with :you can't give up be
            Ahh! The doll. @_@ I forgot about that scene and thought they were talking about the friggin' wolves. As for the others, you're right (though 'Illusionist' for Hamilton took me a while). 8 is really freakin' obscure to the point where I kinda facepalmed when I realized the answer, as is 4 unless you know the backgrounds of the characters.

The first puzzle and the eighth puzzle actually go together in a way that I found pretty clever (Note- If you can remember it, think of the poem from The 7th Guest). Which, since they're of a similar style, I guess 4 must relate in there as well, but I can't think of the solution.

2 was a bit more complicated. Took me several hours to put the letters into the right sequence, though. As for 5's letters, they are as follows: Y, D, E, A, I, S, O, P, A, Y, E, T, A, L, U, A, C, Y, P, O, R, T, O, T, E, U, R, Z, E, H, T, E, H, L, T, O, N

7 was, by far, the easiest. Almost laughably so.

Quoth gremcint View Post
            now you've got me going on this. I managed to track down the 8 clues.
            You're welcome.

Comment

so for those other ones is it just straight plug in letters until you unscramble them or is there a trick to it? does it have something to do with how the letters are arranged?

Comment

Well you know what they say about how helpful it can be to be insane while working retail, but this is play instead of work

solution[You don’t have to be crazy to play here, but it helps!]

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                  so for those other ones is it just straight plug in letters until you unscramble them or is there a trick to it? does it have something to do with how the letters are arranged?
                  You mean 1, 4, and 8? Yeah, it's pretty much plug in the letters and try to guess where they fit. Each one has to do with that poem, though, I've just discovered, which makes it easier. So look for clues there.

Quoth gremcint View Post
                  Well you know what they say about how helpful it can be to be insane while working retail, but this is play instead of work

solution[You don’t have to be crazy to play here, but it helps!]
                  *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* Thank you. I never would've figured that one out.

Comment

well I need to sit down and do out the crosswords and then I'll have everything from 1-7 solved. the fill in the blanks were easy in that they were just from the poem directly but I'm not sure how this will all come together to give the final clue

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                      *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* Thank you. I never would've figured that one out.
                      When it comes to adventure games you've come to right man. I am willing to match my adventure game resume against anyone.

Comment

If you figure out 2 down and 3 across from the first crossword and 5 across from the second one, let me know, because those are the ones I'm still stuck on. Also, if you need help with the others, I'd be more than happy to assist because I have all the answers filled out except those previously mentioned.
                        Last edited by firecat88; 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

5 across the fat man is the name of the guy who did the music for the game, musician fits the number of letters

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                            5 across the fat man is the name of the guy who did the music for the game, musician fits the number of letters
                            The answer isn't musician, but you were on the right track and I didn't figure it out until I looked at Sanger's wikipedia page. It's 'composer'. And, I have to admit, I did not even think about that until you said it. I've been watching a Let's Play of The 11th Hour, looking for a portly gentleman whose name might've been the answer to the clue.
                            Last edited by firecat88; 09-17-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I know him because of savage empire and 3 across is faustian, anagram and the type of deal he made. which makes 2 down _I_U_ for stauf's invisible killer which becomes virus as that's how he killed the kids.

alright I give, second crossword 2 down and 8 across. in the meantime I'll work on puzzle 8

which I see is again just from the poem. so I have the solutions for all of them except those two clues.

reediting next post to gather all solutions together
                              Last edited by gremcint; 09-18-2013, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X