This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picky Lady at Subway

Before anyone says anything, yes, I understand that Subway is even more "Have it your way" than BK is. I understand that having the sub made for you exactly the way you want it right in front of you is the nature of Subway. But this woman took it way too far.

This woman was like, half hippie and half soccer mom (can you imagine?). She had her two preteen daughters with her, but surprisingly, her daughters behaved more maturely than she did. They never even said a word.

Hippie/Soccer mom lady did all the ordering for the subs. The ones for her daughters were relatively plain and simple. Then it came to HER sub.........she wanted the seafood sub with only ONE piece of American cheese (she called it "the white cheese"), because "You guys just put WAYYYY too much cheese on there!" and she wanted the cheese on the BOTTOM, because it made the rest of her sandwich gush (????).

Then with the seafood and the toppings: the salt/pepper HAD to go on the seafood. The oil HAD to go on the seafood. NONE of the veggies/toppings could touch the cheese. (Well gee, it's not like all that food isn't going to combine in her belly, right? *eyeroll*). So what happens when the sandwich artist closes the sandwhich? THEY ALL TOUCH! OH MY GOD!

The cashier then rings all the subs up. Hippie/Soccer mom lady has conveniently ignored the signs on the door AND windows (where you see your sub being made) that say "As of September 2005, we do not accept checks" (so yeah, as of almost a year ago). Well, duh, customers can't read.

Anywho, the cashier goes, "I'm sorry ma'ame, but we do not accept checks."

Hippie/Soccer mom lady becomes irate. "YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME!" she exclaims. "WHY THE HELL NOT? AND SINCE WHEN?" very condenscendingly.

"As of September 2005," the cashier replies.

"I cannot FUCKING believe it....who the hell doesn't accept checks?!" Hippie/Soccer mom lady exclaims. Wake up, dumbass..........a lot of places currently do not accept checks anymore. If so many people didn't write bad checks, we wouldn't have this problem. A store can refuse checks if they want to.

She angrily rips up her check and digs through her purse and literally whips a $20 bill at the cashier (the way my customers at the gas station used to whip money at me). "That is just RIDICULOUS and inconvenient!" she sighs.

I think to myself......Ridiculous and inconvenient is being behind some dumb cow taking 10 minutes to scribble out a check that is probably bad anyways, and then refusing to show her ID for it.

Sorry to judge, but she totally looked like a customer who would freak out and refuse to show her ID for her check.......and I'll bet money if Subway accepted checks, I'd be right.

So she tromped off with her daughters, still mumbling how "stupid" it is that businesses do not accept checks. Like I said, wake up and smell the coffee.....more and more places are no longer accepting checks. Get a debit card, moron.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Aside from being rude, the customer should take an accounting class. You're supposed to write "VOID" on the check, not rip the check up.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Not reading signs

They never do! It could be in red neon on the roof and they still wouldn't see it. We have signs everywhere that say 'Have ID ready for beer/cigs, cash only, you name it. They don't see them. Never will. How come I can read signs and no one else can?
      USN Retired

Comment

Because you have an IQ considerably above room temperature?
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar
          Heh heh heh. Now would that be in Farenheit or Celsius?

Comment

Quoth chantal
            Heh heh heh. Now would that be in Farenheit or Celsius?
            Does it matter? Room temp is Room temp both are pretty low
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth stickycoins
              They never do! It could be in red neon on the roof and they still wouldn't see it. We have signs everywhere that say 'Have ID ready for beer/cigs, cash only, you name it. They don't see them. Never will. How come I can read signs and no one else can?
              Just neon lights? Hah! They'll ignore much more than that. Hell, you could name the store "The No-Check Emporium," and you could answer the phone "Thanks for calling the No-Check Emporium, where we accept every form of payment except checks, my name is Don't Pay Me With A Check, how can I help you today?"

You'd still get people trying to pay with checks.

Comment

Quoth bars.of.a.rhyme
                Just neon lights? Hah! They'll ignore much more than that. Hell, you could name the store "The No-Check Emporium," and you could answer the phone "Thanks for calling the No-Check Emporium, where we accept every form of payment except checks, my name is Don't Pay Me With A Check, how can I help you today?"

You'd still get people trying to pay with checks.

There went rule #1.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind
                  Does it matter? Room temp is Room temp both are pretty low
                  Even lower if it's my room temp. I like it at 16 celcius (60 Fahrenheit)
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I could be wrong, but it's always been my understanding that restaurants of ANY type don't accept checks. It's always been cash and credit cards.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl
                      I could be wrong, but it's always been my understanding that restaurants of ANY type don't accept checks. It's always been cash and credit cards.
                      There are a few, but not that many anymore, and it seems like the few that do are starting to refuse checks one by one. Blame it on jackasses who can't manage their checkbooks.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth lordlundar
                        And a complete set of genes and chromosomes. And opposable thumbs.
                        I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

now now, lets not insult the primates. They're probably more evolved that this customer.

Then again, the same could be said for primordial soup!
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I had that happen to me once when I was working at the express lanes. I had to make an overhead announcement before I helped the next customer. (They were standing within in arms reach to my right, PLUS the speaker is right above my head)

"Attention Customers, when approaching the cashlanes today you'll notice to your right that the express lanes are open for your convenience. 10 items or less, no checks. Express lanes are open, 10 items or less, absolutely no checks. Thank you."

The couple then proceeds to unload 25 items and whips out a checkbook.

Comment

Quoth angelkirie
                              "Attention Customers, when approaching the cashlanes today you'll notice to your right that the express lanes are open for your convenience. 10 items or less, no checks. Express lanes are open, 10 items or less, absolutely no checks. Thank you."

The couple then proceeds to unload 25 items and whips out a checkbook.
                              What we need is a smilie for grabbing the idiot by the back of the neck and slamming its head into the conveyor belt.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X