This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subtember Suck

I had to talk my husband down from the sucky customer ledge before he leapt completely off it and went SPLAT last night. We had stopped at one of the local Way of the Subs to grab a couple of footlongs for dinner after returning the rental car hubby had used to go to Indiana after the tragic death of his 3 year old grand nephew.

As I am sure many of you are aware this month any regular sub there is $5. Well, I guess the Way of the Sub that hubby was visiting there was doing any regular sub for $5. I don't know which sub he ordered (I was looking at the menu board at the regular subs to make sure the one I wanted was listed there), but it was not a regular. When he was told the total was 13 something he started to wig out that the sandwiches should have been $5 each because all subs are $5 this month. I piped in before the employees had a chance to respond that it is the REGULAR subs, not all of them, and he kept bitching that he was just in Indiana and was able to get that sub for $5. I shook my head and mouthed sorry to the ladies behind the counter who seemed pretty nonplussed about his outburst as I ushered him out the door. Once outside, I pointed to the POP where it said regular and told him the one in Indiana probably was doing all subs so they didn't have to deal with assholes bitching, but they were not required to have the premium subs at that price, and he was sorry for his outburst.

While hubby is quick to speak up if he thinks he is being overcharged, normally once it's check/explained if correct, or rectified if he was overcharged, he's fine. I think it was the drama behind the scenes over the death in his family on top of the nine hour drive back home that turned him in to a SC yesterday.

Quoth Deevil View Post
    ...I pointed to the POP where it said regular and told him the one in Indiana probably was doing all subs so they didn't have to deal with assholes bitching....
    You actually said that? I mean, implying that hubby was a bitchy a$$hole?

I'm glad you were able to talk him down, but it would have been a cold week (at least) in the Empire if I said anything like that to the Evil Overlord.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

D- I mean Thoth (hey, I may as well make use of the mythos my name comes from) is happy to be corrected.

Well, 'happy' isn't the right word, but he'd rather learn than not.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        You actually said that? I mean, implying that hubby was a bitchy a$$hole?

I'm glad you were able to talk him down, but it would have been a cold week (at least) in the Empire if I said anything like that to the Evil Overlord.
        He's worked enough jobs dealing with the public that my comment got him to realize immediately how he was behaving.

Oh, there has definitely been a cold week or two around La Casa de Deevil...the time I told Crabby Butt (He's a Cancer, the nickname was obvious to me ) "I'm sorry the stick up your a$$ is twisted sideways. But you don't need to take it out on me." when he was being a royal pain in the rear, is one such occurrence. I have very little mouth to brain filter when I am not in public.

Comment

And I'll chip in from a hubby-point-of-view: I'd rather SHE did it than anyone else. First, she knows me well enough to know that I AM being a bitchy asshole. Second, she knows when it's a time to let it slide, when it's time to endorse it, and when it's time to call me out. And third, and perhaps most importantly, she knows that I know that if she's saying it, it's a good objective opinion I should probably listen to.

(And I'm chuckling quietly on another level here too. It's amazing how much being a regular here can heighten your awareness - as soon as I saw my first "Subtember" ad I noticed the "Regular Subs" fine print - and felt a little sad for our Way of the Sub fellow travelers.)

Comment

Meh. I'd have zero trouble telling my ex husband when he was being a bitchy asshole if, in fact, he was being a bitchy asshole.

Also, OP- my condolences for the death of little Lance. That's horrific. I'm so sorry.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yeah...who else but you to tell him?? And omg hugs to you both...that poor baby

Comment

One thing I find interesting about the chain involved is that RELATIVE prices differ depending on what side of the border you're on. In Canada, roast beef is less expensive than turkey. In Yankeeland, the reverse is true. Anyone know why that's the case?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  One thing I find interesting about the chain involved is that RELATIVE prices differ depending on what side of the border you're on. In Canada, roast beef is less expensive than turkey. In Yankeeland, the reverse is true. Anyone know why that's the case?
                  There's probably something about where those are raised. Comparing beef and seafood in Wisconsin and Maine would probably show a similar variation.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    In Canada, roast beef is less expensive than turkey. In Yankeeland, the reverse is true. Anyone know why that's the case?
                    I don't know, but I aint about to tell hubby about that. Knowing him, he'd drive the 600 some miles to get roast beef cheaper than turkey.

Comment

Um yeah, about seafood in Wisconsin....we don't really have much other than sturgeon.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Um yeah, about seafood in Wisconsin....we don't really have much other than sturgeon.
                        Blas! Biggest Friday Fish Fry state in the Union and you forget all the bluegill, walleye and cod? Not to mention that nasty-ass white fish in a Fish Boil?

Comment

Working...
                        X