This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Me a Taxi, Slaves

I was waiting for my wings when I saw this one go down.

Players:

H for Hostess
    SC
    M for Manager

SC: I'm not going to walk five miles! Get me a taxi!
    H: I've called the taxi company and their line is busy. I called them several times, sir.
    SC: Well call them again! Or call a different one!
    H: *disappears*

She comes back after a little while and the guy is still standing there.

H: I called ____ company and _____ company. They don't have any taxis available right now and their estimated time of arrival is over an hour from now.
    SC: I JUST WANT A TAXI. I'm not going to walk 5 miles to get home. I can't driiiive! I just want a taxi to take me home. Are YOU telling me that YOU aren't going to be getting me a taxi? Hooters was just as bad and they went under! Hooters is gone now! I used to go there but they're GONE NOW.

At this point the Manager has come out and he's just standing there poking things into their kiosk and at first I didn't think he was going to do anything but practically in the middle of this guy's rant about how she won't get him a taxi he just starts ripping him.

M: Sir, it is NOT our responsibility to get you a taxi or any other kind of transportation service. WE ARE NOT THE TAXI COMPANY. We serve food, we serve drinks, we do not provide you with a ride home. If you want to ensure yourself a ride home on a busy Friday night maybe you should try drinking a little less. She will not be calling the cab company any more for you, you can do it yourself.

After the manager went back into the kitchen my friends and I asked the Hostess if we could clone him. SC left and we didn't see him after that. Guess he walked five miles.

Amazing, just amazing. In this, the age where virtually EVERYONE has a cell phone, where the government is GIVING THEM AWAY, he has to have someone call a cab FOR him?

Please, please, PLEASE shoot me if I ever get to be this f*cking useless. Take no chances that I might survive, either. EMPTY THE F*CKING CLIP.

Comment

What's so difficult about walking 5 miles?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        The part where he sobers up before hitting home .
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

If he can't call a cab by himself, I'm fairly certain walking is beyond his capabilities.

Comment

There's also the whole cops arresting you for public intoxication, even if you're five miles from your home. Not trying to justify the SC's actions, but at least give a little light to things.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
              he has to have someone call a cab FOR him?
              Or asking once politely and then waiting patiently?

Maybe it's concern for the the restaurant. After all, Hooters failed him, and HOOTERS IS GONE!!!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Or asking once politely and then waiting patiently?
                Polite? Patient? Can customers DO that?

Comment

Depends on the weather, your physical condition and what sort of neighborhood you are walking thru.

I recall a New Year's Eve party some years back where I learned the hard way that calling a cab at 2 am on NYE is pretty much an exercise in futility. I used my cell phone and the phone book the club we were having the party at happened to have out. I couldn't even get thru to 6 of the cab companies. solid busy signals.

Finally got thru to one of the "fringe" companies. They told me it'd be 45 minutes. 45 minutes later, Icall them asking about my cab. "Oh he broke down..."

I was less than amused to discover that they hadn't bothered calling me, especially given that they hadn't considered that just *maybe* they might need to slip me into the queue for another driver *before* I called them to find out about the delay.

When told it'd be another hour I told them what they could do with themselves. And started walking.

Fortunately, I had a warm cloak, given that I was wearing a black *lace* dress. Not exactly the warmest thing in the world.

At least it wasn't raining (actually, snow or freezing rain was more likely at the temps we had that night). And the wind didn't give me too much trouble. Nor did the hill I had to climb.

But I was very glad I didn't run into anybody. It could have been *really* bad.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    After all, Hooters failed him, and HOOTERS IS GONE!!!

Yup. If only they'd learned their lesson and called this guy a cab, they would still be in business and making money hand over fi--- *ahem*

Oh wait...THEY ARE STILL AROUND! Never mind.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I can't imagine asking anyone (who wasn't my husband) to make a phone call for me. I may hate doing it, but I'm perfectly capable. I know hotels will often call you a cab, but I would at least start out with asking for a phone book or if they have the number so I can call myself. Then if they offered to call for me, I would take them up on it, with the words "please" and "thank you very much!"
                      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                        If he can't call a cab by himself, I'm fairly certain walking is beyond his capabilities.
                        Brings to mind one particular night while I was in the navy. I had made a [ahem] visit down to Tijuana, to... conduct a scientific investigation on the effects of looooooots of booze on a 20-year-old's nervous system.

I managed to miss the last trolley heading from the border back toward downtown San Diego, and I didn't have enough money left for anything as pricey as a cab ride... so I did indeed walk, not just 5 miles, but 12 miles. Roaring drunk. Well, not so drunk that I couldn't recall dire consequences for not being at morning muster...

You don't know hell until you've done a day of military duty while transitioning from "drunk" to "oh my god hungover" on zero sleep, with rather sore legs to boot. (My immediate superior told me he wouldn't bust me as long as I managed to get my work done and keep out of any other trouble.)
                        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                        X