This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Should Be a Comedian 2

I'm taking a stand-up comedy class at the community college. Six weeks, taught by a professional comedian who has been working in New England for ten years, according to the course descriptor.

I've been working on some jokes, but I will be going into the class as a good student, and not some know-it all who acts like he knows more than the teacher. I'm going to listen to what she has to say and see if this goes somewhere.

That is sooo cool. I had heard of comedy clubs doing workshops (and have considered it). But I never knew you could take it at a college for credit.

Please keep us posted on what it's like.

Now I'm going to check out my local colleges!
    What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

You have my full support!

Comment

Quoth lvsssycat View Post
        But I never knew you could take it at a college for credit.
        I think it's a non-credit course. There was a catalogue full of them. They even had one for learning to read tarot cards, which you think I would have jumped on, but living in Salem for three years has killed my drive to do that sort of thing, sadly.

Comment

Best first day of class ever. Small class, only five people. We had a round table discussion about what we consider our strengths and the teachers' exact words to me were, "You have a wealth of material" based on some of what I was saying about working in retail in general.

Homework is to write. Write out our jokes and e-mail them to her. She'll work with us from there.

Comment

Working...
          X