Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who the Frell speeds in a parking garage??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the Frell speeds in a parking garage??

Pretty much what the title says, though I didn't witness it.

Last night while going over a mountain of emails, I happened on this notice from our building property management. It seems last Friday someone was speeding in the parking garage and almost hit someone. The person was shaken up, but not hurt.

I wanted to reply to the email with just that: Who the Frell speeds in a parking garage?? Possibly followed by where oh where do these people get their licences from?

But there is an upside. They're already underground, so they're already close to their destination. Namely six feet under.
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Where I live, apparently everyone except me speeds in the parking garages.

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
      Where I live, apparently everyone except me speeds in the parking garages.
      QFT. I think the idea of tight turns and ramps in an enclosed space with pedestrians and parked cars brings out the "Carmageddon" in people... I also think most people are bone stupid.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        I also think know most people are bone stupid.
        Fixed that for you.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          Fixed that for you.
          Thanks. Can't for the life of me figure out how I made that bad of a typo...
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

People would speed everywhere. I forget how many times I've nearly gotten run over by people who confuse parking lot with I-94....

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              People would speed everywhere. I forget how many times I've nearly gotten run over by people who confuse parking lot with I-94....
              Around here, they speed down Wendover Avenue like it's a dammed speedway. Even worse is the intersection at My Road is on top of a hill - you can't see what's coming until it's almost right on you.

Lost count of how many accidents there have been at the intersection just below my house b/c of idiots failing "Beat The Light."

Last accident we had ripped up a sign in the median and tore up concrete - how nobody was killed (the vehicle who tore down the sign and the median flipped their car) is beyond me.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                how nobody was killed (the vehicle who tore down the sign and the median flipped their car) is beyond me.
                Modern automotive engineering IS rather good on this point - cars will crumple up like tinfoil to redirect crash energy around the people inside. Quite amazoing, really.
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

We had a group of consultants at my job for... I don't know, and I really don't care. Most of them were OK, but the ringleader was the one of the most arrogant pricks I had ever met. It took people less than a minute to take a disliking to him, myself included.

One day, I was in the parking garage walking to my car, and this car flew right past me. Had to be doing at least 40, and the speed limit in our garage is 5. I managed to get a good look at the occupants. It was the group of consultants, with the ringleader at the wheel. Oh, and another time, they couldn't find a parking spot, so they made their own parking spot right in front of the elevator.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                  X