This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahem...

Being friend zoned sucks...specially when it's the I don't find you attractive but we can still be friends zone...

*tries not to cry*
    *cries*

*hug Aethian, and gives freshly baked banana and choc chip muffins*
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Sigh... Just had that done to me recently. But, on the flip side, I am enjoying her friendship. It's nice to have another nerd to hang out and play games with, and get out of the apartment occasionally for a change. But I'm sorry you're hurting. I know how it feels.

Comment

(Hugs) It sucks on the other end, too.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          specially when it's the I don't find you attractive but we can still be friends zone
          I'm right there with you, the person that stuck me in the "friend zone" for that reason....Is my partner of the past 10 years(spouse for 7), yes I'm now divorcing him.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Huge hugs.

In situations like this I always recommend throwing yourself a pity party. You see, just like real parties, Pity Parties have a definite start and end time. Set aside some time, maybe an hour or an evening. Go out an buy a bottle of your favorite wine, beer or liquor and your favorite dessert. Go home, plop yourself on the couch with your dink and dessert, pop in your favorite sappy movie and spend the time feeling sorry for yourself. When the party's over, dust yourself off, wash the dishes and then try to put it behind you.

Being friendzoned sucks. You're allowed to have a moment to wallow in your misery, but you don't want to let it consume your life for too long.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My now Ex (20 year marriage) "tried" to force the friendzone (Well we can still be friends esp since we were married for 20 years) thing on me after SHE left and I said F- that. She still tried and tried and I kept ignoring her. After all the crap she put me through NO THANKS lady
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Being placed in the friendzone sucks. *hugs* Though it is preferable to the "you find me attractive so I must remove you from my life zone" I have been a casualty of the latter more than the former.

I am sure you will find someone twice as awesome who does find you attractive. For you are awesome.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm perpetually friendzoned, it seems. But at least it sounds like this person was honest with you and didn't lead you on with 'morsels', so to speak. That's even worse.
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I was "friend zoned" so many times when I was younger it wasn't even funny. With some really attractive girls, too...

I had one who I was really good friends with, and wanted to date her, but every time I'd get up the gumption to think about asking her, she had a boyfriend, and I didn't want to be the guy who broke up someone (and possibly got my rear kicked in the process).

Anyway, A few years later, I told her that I wanted to ask her out several times in the past (I mentioned the boyfriend thing). She actually told me (I think she was in a relationship and had a baby by that time) that she wanted me to, also, back then. She told me if I would have she would have broken up with whoever she was dating, and gone out with me.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      Anyway, A few years later, I told her that I wanted to ask her out several times in the past (I mentioned the boyfriend thing). She actually told me (I think she was in a relationship and had a baby by that time) that she wanted me to, also, back then. She told me if I would have she would have broken up with whoever she was dating, and gone out with me.
                      I would take that statement with a moderate sized grain of salt. I heard that one once or twice and did not believe it for one second because you can never prove the truthfulness of the coulda, woulda, maybe well after the fact.

Yeah I tend to get cynical.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                      X