X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stain nobody knew about.

(Hardware Store)

My manager, who is basically like that cool uncle to us, recently told us a story of when he was helping customers at the paint counter, due to his fondness for the particular department and its innermost workings.

One customer he was helping asked him for a particular brand of stain, similar to Minwax and the like. She had run out in the middle of a job, and needed another can. Knowing full well what was in the department, as he does the ordering, he was unfortunately unable to provide acknowledgement of his awareness of the product mentioned.

The lady insisted, and I mean absolutely insisted that she bought the stain here in the store! She was completely adamant! My boss had to insist that they have never stocked the named product.

The lady turned beet red with fury, and walked away. Not even two minutes later, there was a phone call for my manager. It was corporate. They had apparently received a complaint from a customer that the manager didn't know his own store, much less the department he was helping her in. He told corporate the name of the product, and they agreed that they had never heard of it either.

The customer was still in the store, very near to the paint desk, with that obnoxious smirk on her face, not saying anything. Bossman is all "You really just called corporate on me, didn't you." "Yes, yes I did. You should know better."

"I tell you what. Bring in the can, and I'll see what I can do."

That's pretty much the end of it, then. Half an hour later, she comes back with this little can of Minwax.

"See? It's called Stirwell. It says right there on the top!!!!!!eleven."

Guess what it said on top. "Stir well before using."

The manager silently walked into the aisle and picked up the appropriate can, gave it to her, and said have a nice day.

... ...

This story really should be far more common than this.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

I wonder if her car's engine has a 710 Cap?

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
      I wonder if her car's engine has a 710 Cap?

Mike
      Yes, sir. Aisle 3, left side, between the muffler bearings and the tail light fluid.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
        Yes, sir. Aisle 3, left side, between the muffler bearings and the tail light fluid.
        Opposite Aisle 4 with the glass hammers and skirting board ladders.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          Opposite Aisle 4 with the glass hammers and skirting board ladders.
          Striped paint, left-handed screwdrivers and a long weight.

"They sent me down for a long weight"

"OK, but it's going to take a while."

Gerund

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
            Striped paint, left-handed screwdrivers and a long weight.
            You'll find the prop wash in the cleaning aisle sir...
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

And the next aisle over has drop bear and jackalope food.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

With this title,I was expecting something else totally...a return of underwear or something similar
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  You'll find the prop wash in the cleaning aisle sir...
                  Oh and you'll need 5 yards of Flight Line to go with that.
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Boss says I drilled in the wrong place. We need a 3" hole mover for white marble.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Boss says I drilled in the wrong place. We need a 3" hole mover for white marble.
                      Nah, just grab a wall-stretch from the other aisle and pull the wall out til the hole is in the right place. Just go down the main aisle until you pass the checkered paint endcap, turn left, and they're right across from the skyhooks.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I was once given a phone order for a gallon of paint and it said the color was "Daylight". But when I went to the computer there was no Daylight listed. I checked competitor's colors, no Daylight. I asked if anyone had mixed a custom color for this customer, but nobody did.

So I had to wait till she came in. Of course she did not bring in the old can or lid and had to go back home to get it and that is when I saw the Daylight.

When you scan a color with our computer, it asked you; "Will this color be seen in Incandescent light, Fluorescent light or Daylight?"
                        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

The hole movers are in aisle 5 right next to the paper de-shredders and the electric bathwater warmers.

Comment

Please tell me your boss pointed out the "stir well" vs the actual name of the product.

Comment

Working...
                            X