This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky volunteer

I had to work last Saturday for a breast cancer fun run from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. I was assigned to work at one of the parking garages that my employer manages along with another co-worker.

Parking passes were given to volunteers who worked for the organization that coordinated the event. The parking passes specifically stated which parking garage to park at. The manager on duty that morning told everyone who had to work that day that 1) we had to direct any volunteer having that parking pass to that specific parking garage and 2) the voluntees had to show us the printed parking pass.

I and the co-worker worked at a different parking garage that morning.

Sucky volunteer arrived at that parking garage and told both us of the following...
    • she has a picture of the parking pass on her cell phone
    • she wants to know where to park at using the parking pass

My co-worker tells her the following...
    • the parking pass has to be printed out
    • the parking pass is only valid at *x* parking garage, which is stated on the parking pass

He also directed her to the parking garage.

She complained to both of us that...
    • he should have accepted the picture of the parking pass on her cell phone as proof that she could park at the parking garage we were working at
    • she did not want to park at the parking garage which is specifically stated on the parking pass
    • she will not pay for her parking

I let her know that she needs to complain to the office about that.

Her response...

"I will do that, but I will also complain to you about that."

So I told her...

"We are only parking attendants. We have no control over what the parking pass states or over the rules we have to follow. You have to complain to the office about that."

Her response...

"I will complain to whoever I want to."

She chose to leave.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 10-11-2013, 12:16 AM.

the only thought that comes to mind is this:

Gee, what a bitch.

Comment

"And we will choose to ignore anyone who complains about something we don't have the power to change. Have a nice day."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The stupid is strong in this one! And the self-entitled as well.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
          [*]she did not want to park at the parking garage which is specifically stated on the parking pass[*]she will not pay for her parking
          Aaaand she's welcome to park elsewhere then. Although she may end up paying for towing instead of parking, since she sounds like the type of person to make up her own parking rules.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"Oh SHIT. What a bitch. Quick Magenta pull the switch."

Stoned again....
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I am waiting

Now I am waiting for someone to run up to a tow-truck operator waving a phone yelling they have a photo of their parking permit on their phone.

Comment

Might be the same lady who tried to return get a refund for a damaged toaster oven that she a) did not have with her and b) with a blurry picture of the receipt that wasn't even issued by the company she was trying to return it to. She also claimed that it could have burned down her house and killed her family.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
                  "I will complain to whoever I want to."
                  If you knew her name, you could complain about her to the people running the event. They generally don't like arrogant little brats giving them a bad name.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    If you knew her name, you could complain about her to the people running the event. They generally don't like arrogant little brats giving them a bad name.
                    The next time this event is held, I will make a point of remembering this. I would just pass along that information to my employer.

Comment

Working...
                    X