Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for a good rum to spike apple cider with?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
    Also, a friend of mine has a bottle of butterscotch schnapps that she says is really good with apple cider, turns it into a sort of caramel apple taste, so she is going to bring that for us to experiment with!
    Oh, HELL yeah!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

These suggestions all sound pretty yummy. *invites herself to Maggie's house*
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm not familiar with mixing rum (hubs prefers to drink it straight) but some variation of spiced rum seems like it would be best. Captain Morgan has already been mentioned; they make a black spiced rum that has a strong chocolate taste to it, so that could be interesting. I've never tried their Tattoo so I can't judge how well that would mix.

Personally, a favorite around here is Kraken spiced rum. Again, I haven't tried to mix it, but I think it would mix very well with cider.

Comment

Also, a friend of mine has a bottle of butterscotch schnapps that she says is really good with apple cider, turns it into a sort of caramel apple taste, so she is going to bring that for us to experiment with!
          Now that sounds heavenly!
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Captain Morgan, but I really like the idea of butterscotch schnapps too!
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
              I've never tried their Tattoo so I can't judge how well that would mix.

Personally, a favorite around here is Kraken spiced rum. Again, I haven't tried to mix it, but I think it would mix very well with cider.
              I've already mentioned my love of Kilo Kai as a spiced rum, so I won't go there again.

I am not find of Kraken, but that's my taste. Yours may vary.

That being said, Tattoo is liquid shit. It was Captain Morgan's answer to Jagermeister, and it's horrible. I wouldn't spike anything but a toilet with it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Tattoo is liquid shit. It was Captain Morgan's answer to Jagermeister, and it's horrible. I wouldn't spike anything but a toilet with it.
                Noted. I had thought about trying it since it was fairly cheap, but their black spiced rum is the same price and delicious, so I won't bother. Maybe taste it if someone else has some, but I won't waste my money.

Comment

Captain Black isn't my favorite, but it's decent for what it is. And it's not something that I would describe as liquid shit.

Tattoo is a waste of time, money, alcohol, labor, glass, space, and anything else you can think of. I'd call it my least favorite rum, but it's not a rum, simply a really bad liqueur.

Liquid. Shit.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I ended up getting a bottle of Captain Morgan...I wanted to try making vanilla extract with vanilla beans and rum and thought a spiced vanilla extract would be interesting, so I decided just to go with the original. The extract is brewing nicely in my pantry and I can set out the bottle of Captain for my party, so I'd call that a win-win.

Comment

I ended up getting a bottle of Captain Morgan...I wanted to try making vanilla extract with vanilla beans and rum and thought a spiced vanilla extract would be interesting, so I decided just to go with the original. The extract is brewing nicely in my pantry and I can set out the bottle of Captain for my party, so I'd call that a win-win.
                      Very cool - let us know how the extract turns out.
                      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X